View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #177
Nikki S
Insane Embellisher

Merry Christmas Secret Elf,

I’ve had the hardest time writing this letter, not because I’ve been bad, but I’m not sure what I want (there are so many things out there…holy cows!). So I’ll tell you a little about me and maybe that will help. I’m single (divorced the cheating man many years ago and life is good), live in a small farming town, and have a blue great dane (she is 9…and yes that is old for a great dane…and she is the love of my life). I’ve been a firefighter for 13 years and driving the big red rig is a blast. I also teach fire and life safety education and disaster preparedness. I like to volunteer for various charities (Camp Eyabsut, Tubbs Romp to Stomp out Breast Cancer, Kent Firefighters Foundation and a few others)…Pay it forward. I love the outdoors and can’t wait til it snows and I can be out snowshoeing. I love the sun as well and my favorite vacation spot is Hawaii for surfing and snorkeling.

My favorite holidays are Christmas and Valentine’s day. With Christmas, I love snow and the wonder; it truly is a magical time of year. And everyday should be Valentine’s day….never miss the chance to tell someone how special they are in your life. My favorite color is gray followed by red. I’m more of a card maker than scrapbooker. I like handmade items…always love new ideas for cards and whatnot. My motto is: Life is too short not to be happy…so be happy!!

Things I like: pearls, bling, flowers, ribbon, stamped images (I’m learning to use copics), copic markers (reds or pinks), die cuts and embossed papers, holiday embossing folders, fleece socks, gummy bears and fruity green teas, and smiling (have you seen the movie Elf?).

Things I don’t like: flat stickers, eyelets, loose glitter, rub-ons, coffee, and people who don’t smile.

Things on my wish list: distressed markers by TimHoltz (ones to add depth/shadow), Prima Say it in Crystals, Amy Tangerine stitched vellum pockets, Bo Bunny papers, Zing embossing powder, Doodle Bug twine, and surprise me (thank goodness Sears doesn’t put out a wish book for crafters…it would weigh 300 lbs and the post office wouldn’t deliver it!). I would also like world peace and the end to hunger if you have spare time.

Thanks for listening. Hope you have a wonderful day! Smile! Nikki

Last edited by Nikki S; 10-01-2013 at 09:18 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!