View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #172
armywife
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
Dear Secret Elf ---
Can I just have Cherie come and organize my craft room for 12 days instead???
Thanks,
If I were closer I'd be happy to come help! Some coffee, some good company and playing with all sorts of crafty stuff, what could be better?!

My stuff was in boxes and I got tired of rooting through them and it actually kept me from making things because so much of my time was spent just trying to find what I needed. So I spent about a week, just at night, and tackled one thing at a time. Punches first, them embossing folders, then inks/stickles/glitter.

On my wood stamps, since most are SU, rather than try and stamp images and make a paper index, I googled the image, copy/pasted it into an excel spreadsheet, added the name and year of the set and then, in one column, some keywords to make it easier to find images I'm looking for. My wood stamps are in their original clear cases and are in alpha order, making it easy to find whichever set I need.

For my embossing folders I did the same as with my punches. I wrote the manufacturer and name of the folder on the bottom of a 3x5 index card. Embossed the index card and then filed it in a photo brag book. The cards and embossing folders are numbered, and the embossing folders are in a photo box, on their sides, in numerical order. I used those dividers that come with the boxes and have them in groups of 10 (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.) Photo box(es) are neatly on the shelf and the brag books are on my workspace. It was a lot of fun to run all those and see the different backgrounds and get ideas!

Hope you have an amazing day

C.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!