View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #170
armywife
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds View Post
CHERIE (Or others) -- How do you store punches? I had mine in a shoe bag over the door before, but now in my craft room the door is 8' high so can't do that anymore. Trying to figure out another way to store them so that they are easily accessible and organized and usable. : )
Hey there! My craft space is out in the open in a shared room. If I had my own room I'd definitely have the Ikea rod solution. What works for me is the photo boxes that you can find at M's. I got mine when they were 7/$10.

What I did was to first sort my punches by type -- shape, season, lacy, floral, animals and then my MS circle edge is its own category. Once I'd sorted them, I punched a sample out of scrap cardstock. Then I adhered the sample to a 3x5 index card and wrote on the bottom of the card who made the punch and the name of the punch. I wrote the punch number at the top of the index card and in sharpie on the punch.

I found some of those plastic photo brag books at M's, they're usually $1 or $2 and then I inserted the index cards, in numerical order, in the photo books, creating an album(s) of all my punch shapes.

As I finished with each punch (numbered, punched shape in album) I put the punch in a photo box. When the box became full, I moved onto the next one. I created a label on the front of each box that shows the punch numbers in the box (1-11, 12-16, etc.) however they best fit.

The photo boxes are stacked 2 high on my bookcase and the sample albums are on my workspace. So when I am looking for a punch, I can just quickly flip through the book(s) and find the punch number and then go to the box.

It took 2 nights to get it all done, which wasn't bad! And it's fun to flip through to books and see the different punches and get inspired.

Again, this is what worked for me because my space is shared....

C.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!