View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #6202
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

We've got rain again today. Not that I'm complaining at all. I was able to get out and do all my errands yesterday in between rain showers so that was good. This morning before the rain I went out to stake my fig tree. It's starting to growing leaning over to the side and I want it to grow straight. I've tried various sticks, but nothing seemed to work right. Wasn't strong enough to hold it. A couple weeks ago, I found some shepherd's crook stakes that you put up to hang a basket on. It is strong and sturdy and has a little foot on the bottom that kind of anchors it down to the ground. I bought 2 of them. One I was able to put out this morning and tie the tree to it. That brought the tree up pretty straight and the stake seems to be strong enough to hold it there. I'm going to hang a hummingbird feeder on the crook. Double duty. The 2nd one I'm going to put out in the yard next to my gardenia bush and I'm going to hang a hummingbird feeder on it too. Maybe next year I'll have more of them coming to my house.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!