View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #6201
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Darlene, sorry for the reason you're in California but glad you're able to soak up some sunshine!!!

Paige, I use Prismapencils at times. If you want to use the gamsol with them be sure and get the Premier pencils. I never could find any of the gamsol without having to order it so I started out using baby oil. It worked but not real well. Now I use Mineral Spirits that you get in the art section of like Hobby Lobby or Michaels. It's MUCH better and they say it's as good as the gamsol. I don't know. I also found that it works better on the Neenah paper than just regular type cardstock or GP from Walmart. I ordered some Intense Watercolor Pencils the other day and am loving those! I think I have to watch a Youtube video every time I start to color with them, just to pick up pointers again though. I really like those as they're brighter than the Prismas.

I've got to get some crafting done today somehow! I don't have a single thing done for the week except one for Wednesday.

Sorry I didn't get back over here last night - internet server went down and I finally said to heck with it and went to bed.

Kelly, hope your son did good this weekend!!!
I use Mineral Spirits too rather than the Gamsol. It seems to work just fine for me. At the class I took at SF, they had a cute little plastic bottle with a sponge top on it that they used for the Gamsol. You just have to twirl your stub thing over it to get it wet to use. I'd like to find one of those.

I was able to work on my PSC card yesterday. Once in a great while, I really, really like a card that I make and this is one of them. It came out so well. I love the colors I used and my coloring turned out so well, if I do say so myself. I already have someone in mind to give it to. It's a birthday card and my best GF at work has a birthday tomorrow. She's one that I always have to show my cards too and comes over sometimes to play. She also orders from me once in awhile, so I'm going to give the card to her. It'll be on my blog on Wednesday.

Speaking of which, I really need to get around to visit blogs today. Sorry I haven't been lately. Not that I don't want to, just been crazy with going off to SF and getting back in the groove.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!