View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #191
kramomma
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
well, I guess it depends on your card making style mostly...
I had mailed some 3-D and boxed cards ( they were that lumpy too lumpy for an envelope needed clear boxes) so, I also sent in around 40 cards last Nov 1st I think so it filled that box )

I think if you mailed at the end of the week every week you could get by with padded envelopes if the cards were on the fairly flat side??
When you make cards that are so detailed and they will require extra postage for the sender to in the end send the card do you put a note on the envelope that states it needs additional postage?

I figured I would need to not use rhinestones or bows, just flat ribbon or flat bling so that the cards wouldn't require extra postage...but maybe I won't have to stifle myself!

What I currently do when I send a card that has a bump in it is I add a piece of dry embossed cardstock over the card front so that it goes through the PO machine smoothly and I have never gotten one back for additional postage...If I know it is going to need additional postage then I mail it in a clear envelope so that all the hands that touch it can look at it since I'm paying an extra 20 cents any way for the lump!