View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #8654
PH in VA
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
Getting ready for homecoming - we do a mum exchange the day before. They will wear these things (his is a garter for his arm and hers will hang around her neck) all day long tomorrow.

Then as he is in band and she is on drill team - they will have to do the mini mums. I think they will let him wear his garter - but she will have to do the mini finger mum in the stands.

Their mums are two of the smaller sets of flower of their group of friends. DD's reaches the floor with the ribbons!!!

So Helen and ERK. Shall I bring the tradition across the pond?? lol!
Hmmm. I'm not sure if they do mums here. I haven't heard anything about them in the years ODS has been in high school.

Back at my high school, one of the school clubs used to sell the mums (for like $1/each, it wasn't much). You could buy one for whomever you wanted, and the club would deliver it to that person the morning of the homecoming game. Mainly boys bought them for their girlfriends, but some of the clique-y girls would buy them for their besties. So all the really popular girls would end up with 3 or 4 mums. They weren't all decorated up as much as in E's photos; they were just plain yellow mums with green and white ribbons (the school colors were green, gold and white). My senior year, my best friend and I bought mums for each other so neither of us would be mum-less.

E lost me on the "mini mums" and finger thing.

Last edited by PH in VA; 09-26-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!