View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #143
janeenk
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
Thanks Janeen. As I participated last year, mom was dealing with failed reconstructive surgery including infection and increased lymphedema. When all that settled down I was sure she was through the worst of it, but after Christmas she was still having pain and Xrays showed a bone fracture then scans confirmed that it was cancer in her spine. It just plain stinks. She didn't have much down time between the first stuff and the metastases but went right back into radiation then chemo. Last month the main drug she was taking to prevent the growth and spread of the metastases had to be stopped. She is feeling tremendously better off the drug so that has been a plus, but we're kind of just waiting for the next bad news. In the meantime she is enjoying having her appetite and energy levels back and is spending time with her water aerobics friends, ladies from church and even got to take an Alaskan cruise with my dad to celebrate their 54th anniversary. Her faith remains strong and her courage and strength amaze me. She has always been a great role model for me and will be my main motivation for participating in HYCCT this year. I also have a friend from our church who is in her 40s with two kids one in high school the other in middle school who is about to have surgery for a second bout with breast cancer. They say it is a different cancer than what affected her the first time and they're hopeful that surgery will be all she needs.
Such an awful disease.
Thank you for sharing. So thankful to hear she is able to enjoy life. It stinks to feel under the weather for so long so glad for her for the break and maybe all those good endorphins will overwhelm those bad cancer cells.

my SCS gallery
As long as you are capable of anger there are lessons to be learned
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!