View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #132
mamaxsix
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnurse View Post
Gail....so hard to find time for yourself when you have kiddos and are in a service profession...I'm so glad you find a little time here and there to not only share your talent with us but to refresh your soul...that's what being creative does...it refreshes us and stretches us and gives us a better sense of self...You cannot pour blessings out fully to others on a daily basis unless you occasionally refill the pitcher....I'm hoping for you to find a good balance of "me" time in your days.
Thanks Sheri
If it had been just the cardmaking itself, I think it wouldn't have been such an issue. I think it is more the computer time which adds up quite a bit between posting, commenting, and writing blog posts. I also have been on one design team here and had applied but didn't get chosen for a company team. The prompt for our "discussion" was a talk I was having with my kids about pinterest and developing my blog in order to have more of a chance of making a design team. His question to me was about where I was finding my identity and how much was going to be enough. Fair questions, but really hard ones and not ones that I'd never asked myself. TBH there have been times when I realized I was more concerned about getting favorited than I was about the art itself. So, a wake up call was in order, it just didn't feel so good!
I'm trying to be more careful about combining challenges rather than trying to meet them all and will hold off on any further ventures into design teams for the present. I'm trying to get back to where it is the card making and the artistic outlet rather than the attention that is the source of my satisfaction.
Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!