View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #472
klh54
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNacho View Post
Depends on whether you consider reward dollars to fall under "discount."

See, the option to use reward dollars is listed under payment options. It's logical, in that case, to assume that a purchase using that payment option is like any other. That is-- $100 is $100, whether all paid by CC, paid by CC and gift certificate, or paid by CC, gift certificate, and reward dollars.

That said, I do believe that yes, PTI treats the reward dollars as a discount rather than a payment. For instance, to get free shipping with $70, it has to be after reward dollars are applied.

However, THAT isn't clear on the website, either. If you click on the free shipping icon, it just says "We currently offer FREE shipping for those customers who purchase $70 or more and reside within the continental United States (excluding Alaska)." Doesn't say after reward dollars are applied.

Instead, that "rule" actually appears on the "rewards" page that is accessed by the customer service drop down menu and it is listed as an "exception": "If you use reward points and your order falls below the FREE shipping threshold, shipping will be added to your order."

Not exactly intuitive or the model of clarity.

And you draw the line with any person who says "but I DID read the rules and then you changed them and you put them on the blog at the last minute rather than in the store and I DID buy over $100 of merchandise!" and then suck up the cost of your sloppiness and you vow to be more clear the next time. Or you buy a better shopping cart program (because I think that's where their limitation turns out to be, at least with the shipping-after-points).
I see your point completely. The rules should have been clearly posted.