View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #21
StampinGoodDeeds
Swapper of the Month March 2012

DEAR SECRET ELF...

What sort of things are on my wish list this year?

Well, I’ve had a bit of a rough, topsy-turvy year so far. I accepted a new job, and in the spring, moved cross-country with a DH and twin teen DSD’s but that fell apart over the summer/move, and now I am in the process of a divorce and they moved back east. So here I am, in a new city, new job, with no family or friends here, in a way-too-big house that I had custom built for a family but am now alone in. And that all came about in time for my 49th birthday. But I’ve decided to make this MY year anyhow, as I turn 50 next year, and am calling it my Countdown to Health, to be healthier mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically and financially.
So I’d like things to encourage me in that Countdown to Health and help me start off a great new year.

Some hints:
I’m on the Blood Sugar Solution (diet) so I can’t have any caffeine, gluten, dairy or sugar (not natural or artificial ones). I know, makes it tough on holidays, but I eat things like nuts, dried fruit (no sulfurs or sugars), kale chips, rice cakes (plain, organic, with sea salt), seaweed snacks, natural/no-sugar-added fruit snacks, etc. I am allowed 70%+ dark chocolate sometimes as a treat. I cook alot with herbs and spices so love those or healthy recipes that don't have those taboo ingredients for me.

I'm a Christian Woman of Faith. I have two grown children and a grandson about to turn 3.

I quilt, bead/make jewelry, crochet, sew and paper craft (scrapbooking, cards, ABACs, etc.). Also love to garden organically.

DISlikes:
Country Style, Anything Cynical/Negative, Skulls/Witches/Devils/Zombies/Vampires or similar, Cats, No ribbon/glitter/glue/eyelets/flat stickers please unless part of a coordinated kit. No candles or lotions (have too many) or anything vanilla scented (gives me a headache).

Would love to receive:
Coordinated/themed color items or kits so would love if most of the stuff I get works together to create some great projects. Could be for scrapbook pages or cards or ABACs.
Love Dragonflies, Nature, Birds (esp. cardinals, owls, chickadees, finches), Fall and Winter, Travel, Gardening, and my Grandson (about to turn 3 yrs old) are my favorite subjects/themes.
Thinking of doing my Christmas tree this year with some nature theme -- not a country look, but more of a wooded/nature theme, smaller tree so not too big ornaments.
Would love to learn and have a die for those new file folder cards I see on SCS.
Would love positive and humorous things.
LOVE to try new products and ideas and techniques. I would love to receive mini kits with instructions and samples -- make me something fun and send me the items and instructions on how to make one myself! I can't find many classes here so that's a perfect thing for me!

NOTE! I am just fine with used stamps or dies as long as they work just fine still! I love recycling. My list is long but ANYTHING from it is just fine -- I just hoped to give you lots of ideas to choose from.

Dies/EF wish list:
Poppy Stamps dies: picket fence, classic screen door, madison arched window, winterflake frame, winterflake corner, trulani wreath, lattice edge.
Tim Holtz Sewing On the Edge die or Festive Greenery Decorative Strip
File folder card dies
Any Rosettes (snowflakes are fab) dies -- I haven't tried those yet!
Shaped and Pop-Up Card Dies, love the new SU ones
SU Dress-Up Framelits
Marianne Design Christmas Village Collection, Coffee Cup or Butterfly 1 Dies
Nature-theme dies or embossing folders
Flower dies or punches to make my own paper flowers

Supplies wish list:
Adhesive metal sheets to die cut and emboss
Adhesive fabric sheets
Sets of fun larger die cuts in 6 or more since I usually make at least 6 cards at a time -- like doilies or teacups or houses or trees, nature themes, etc.
Bails for jewelry, i.e. View Jewelry Bails by SunAndMoonCraftKits on Etsy
Shaped glass beads for jewelry
Teapot bead caps Love the owls bails at 20 Sun And Moon Vintage Owl Head Bails Mix by SunAndMoonCraftKits
Triangle pendant and glass kits or jewelry pieces like Blank Pendant Trays from Sun And Moon by SunAndMoonCraftKits
Metal embellishments or charms
Pops/dots/foam dimensionals -- I use a lot
Christmas red stickles
Red nailheads or small adhesive bling/rhinestones
SU or CTMH Scrapbook Page Coordinated Kits or DSPs
SU CS in white, vanilla, real red, cherry cobbler, eggplant, night of navy, espresso -- seems like I'm always running out of those
SU Stampin' Mist (cleaner) refills
Copic-compatible cardstock
Any pearls and rhinestone brads and adhesive bling
Tiny adhesive black dots for bird/animal eyes
Bakers twine
Textured papers and washi tapes, especially in Asian designs
Handmade coordinated embellishments, i.e. flowers, card candy, around themes I like

Stamps Wish List:
Bella Audrey Hepburn Uptown Girl Loves Her Makeup Stamp and Saying Stamping Bella - Rubber Stamps, Scrapbooking, and Stamping Supplies
SU Thoughts and Prayers Set
Bella Uptown Girl Loves Her Bubbly stamp
Mari and Me Doomo Arigato Couple Stamp, Domo Girl Stamp, Arigato Girl Stamp, Mari and Me Online Store, Japanese Rubber Stamp Designs, Page 1
Love these quotes, esp the Audrey Hepburn one: Quote & Quotables
Typography Typography
Verve Amazing Grace Verve Stamps: Amazing Grace Plain Jane
Verve Joy Verve Stamps: Nehemiah 8:10 Plain Jane
ODB Wreath http://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/...ly-wreath.html
House Mouse Mice Potpourri, Autumn Sprinkles, or Fall Commuters
Just Rite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves JustRite Stampers Clear STamp Set-Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves 15pc & stamps at Joann.com
Riley & Co Life is Short Riley & Company Cling Mount Rubber Stamp-Life Is Short & stamps at Joann.com
Fiskars Laugh with Me Quotes Fiskars Quotes Clear Stamps - Laugh With Me & stamps at Joann.com
Magenta Life Is Beautiful Set Magenta Cling Stamps-Life Is Beautiful & stamps at Joann.com
PB Snow Dust Penny Black Rubber Stamp - Snow Dust & stamps at Joann.com
Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Dolls Stamps (Ruby Rainbow, Pondering Petunia, Curious Corrin)

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 10-21-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!