View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
ashjoy
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default Closed

Perpetual JAMS!

Hi all! Welcome to perpetual JAMS! I thought I would start with a few and let you chime in with ideas, don't worry as they get full we will continue to add spots. Themes can vary if you want a specific them just post to let me know and ill add that theme spots.

Artist Trading Cards Just Add More Stuff! A cooperative art experience!

This type of swap relies heavily on *individual responsibility*. Each participant puts time, thought, creativity and postage into the piece and is *trusting* their swap partners to follow through.

Please only sign up if you can turn the cards around within 10 days .

I know that life sometimes gets in the way. PLEASE let me know if you run into a problem so that I will take your place to keep the JAMS moving! Your fellow swappers will appreciate that!

Each swapper is responsible for the shipping of the materials to the next swapper in their group. If international shipping is a problem as its hard to get to the post office and such, please state USA only.

HERE ARE THE NEW RULES REGARDING JAMS. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY!
Any group not started within 10 days once the group is full is going to be cancelled.
Please try to start your group immediately, if the rest of the people in your group have not PM'd you their address send them a PM reminder if still no response let me know and we will put someone else in the spot.
If you do not get your group started within the 10 days, you will be banned from future JAMS. (if there is a problem due to health or vacation please advise the thread and we can switch the names around and move you to another position, we understand that life happens.) All SCS swap rules apply! Please don't become a swapper not in good standing.

This is how it works! If uncertain, please ask!

Position 1:
Creates 4 ATC sized backgrounds and bases. These must measure standard ATC size 2 x 3 and have some element that you designed. (This does not mean sending a solid piece of cardstock, it must be a background that starts the creativity!)
Creates 4 white or light colored card backs. These are for each artist to sign and will be attached to the back of each ATC by the person in Position 4. Be sure to include the Group number on this!
Creates the tracking sheet with the names and addresses of all the participants in their group.
Mails the 4 ATC works-in-progress, the backs after signing them, and the tracking sheet to person in Position
Writes a post that they are on their way to position 2.

Position 2:
Writes a post that they received them.
Adds more stuff, keeping in mind there are 2 more artists to add their vision to the piece, so leave some room for them!
Signs the back
Mails the 4 ATC works-in-progress, the backs after signing them, and the tracking sheet to person in Position 3.
Writes a post that they are on their way to position 3.

Position 3:
Adds more stuff, keeping in mind there is one more artists to add to their vision to the piece, so leave some room for them!
Signs the back of the cards.
Mails the 4 ATC works-in-progress, the backs after signing them, and the tracking sheet to person in Position 4.
Writes a post that they are on their way to position 4.

Position 4:
Puts on the finishing touches to the ATC the finisher!
Names the ATC at the top of the card backs! These gems gotta have a title!
Signs and then attaches the backs of the ATCs .
Mails the other 3 ATCs to each person in their group. The addresses of the three swappers are on the tracking sheet
Writes a post that they are complete and postal to the group.

Now find the perfect place to display your new cooperative ATC!

If we can keep these on the slim side, the person in Position 4 can just mail each swappers ATCs in a regular card. If you add a bulky item to the ATC, please consider tucking in a couple bucks to help out with postage for the person in Position 4. I think the postage should pretty much even out. If your not willingly to mail 4 separate envelopes please do not sign up for spot 4.

Timing:
Again, please try to add your special touch as soon as your creative muse whispers in your ear! 10 days max.

Wanna Play?

Cool! What position do ya want? Then PM your address to the person in Position 1 of the Group you are in. Once 4 swappers are signed in, the fun begins!!!

Let the fun begin!

Last edited by ashjoy; 01-09-2014 at 08:14 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!