I don't color much to begin with so here is what I do.
- I make sure my space is clean and organized (this is huge for me).
- I pull out my sketch notebook, look through old magazines and bookmark cards I think will be easy to pull together. Ditto with my pinterest board.
- I pick out a couple of pads of paper to work from, coordinating embellishments and some other things that might work as focal points (like those embellishment packages I've been hoarding). I try to work from these limited supplies when possible because it just makes card making that much faster for me.
- I pull out tried and true sentiments, maybe a new stamp set or two that I've been itching to ink up.
- I also make sure I have plenty of plain cardstock and adhesive on hand! Nothing is worse than trying to fit a trip in to Michaels when I could be making something.
Other than that, I just load my ATG gun and holster it, waiting (im)patiently.
I believe in butter.