View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Joan7356
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Maple Leaf *COMPLETE* 6 x 6 2014 Calendars - Great Gift! - Due November 24

For the last three years I have been making 6 x 6 calendars as a holiday gift for my Mom. She is now 86. Never did I think after receiving the first one she would request one each year. I vow never to leave these to the last second, but I do. I thought, just maybe, others need a great gift idea. This year she will get her calendar, but I thought it would be a great Secret Santa gift for my dh's employee exchange.

The DEETS:
  • 6 x 6 2014 Calendar
  • Sign-ups: Open until a full year has filled
  • Due Date: November 24 is the absolute deadline. IF you need to drop out of this swap, please, please, please PM me as early as possible. I would rather hear something from you than nothing. I will swap them out and they will go postal the next Saturday. (FYI -Saturday is the only day I can send out as I am home bound and dh does the postal run. His availability is Saturday only.)
  • Quantity: 12 + 1 swap. You will get back one of your own.
  • Use at least two layers of good quality card stock.
  • No vendor requirements.
  • Embellishments - minimum of 1
  • Stamp and color, paper piece, etc top header with image appropriate for the month.
  • Print calendars on a good quality white or vanilla card stock.
  • Calendar size should be of a good size print and cover no more than
Size: 6 x 6
Taylored Expressions is where I have downloaded calendars in the past and I use their 6 x 6 protectors, and Frame Your Imagination vertical stand. I have no association with Taylored Expressions, only sharing with you what I use. There are numerous ways to bind and display. You could also do a Google Search for 2014 calendars and print your own chosen month. Check the links to my blog (below) to see approximately the size your calendar should be on your 6 x 6 base.Please do not sign up if you are not serious about participating. Others are counting on receiving a full calendar to give as gifts.

Mailing:
  • Be sure you signed your calendars on the back of each one.
  • Place your calendars in ziploc baggie to protect them against the weather. My mailman often leads packages on my doorstep and it is unprotected from bad weather. Be sure to include in your baggie your SCS and real name.
  • Post on the thread when you have mailed and again after I swap out all tags when your receive.
  • I will order from the PO the bubble Priority envelopes for return of your calendar. Do not send postage or metered mail. Send $5.95 for return postage, cash only, no checks. If you want to send via PayPal, PM me for my PP addy.
  • When you are ready to mail, PM me for my address. If you are outside the US, be sure to allow for mailing so I receive your items by November 1.
WHEW.... I think that is about it. Let me know if you have any questions and stop in now and then to say Hi.

Group 1:
January - Joan7356
February -1855ward
March - KarenBeavers
April - goodnuff
May - bjlee717
June - moonbeamtoo
July - Jabauer
August clpangels
September ForestRanger
October - smokiesgal
November - Dezre
December - Rositagustafson72

Group 2:
January - Rositagustafson72
February - bjlee717
March - dianevey
April - gramak8e
May - pamper1
June - clpangels
July - queenof2802
August - MBoss
September - healing hands
October - KarenBeavers

November - smokiesgal
December - Dezre

red: received

blue: postal and received final

Last edited by Joan7356; 12-20-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!