Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT264~August 20,2013~Dory and Daisy and a Dog named Paisley

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #264

Dory and Daisy and a Dog named Paisley

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Wheeee...don't you just love summertime? I do too. And so do the Seagle girls Dory and Daisy who love to run around and play all day, in and out of the mud puddles, down to the duck pond, and up through the garden. In general, just getting in their mother's way; you know how it goes, she needs to pick beans and they are chasing each other through the mud; or she needs to hang out the laundry and their hands are sticky from eating the cherry tomatoes off the vine. Yep, enough to make mother wish for a clone.

2: This summer however, mom has heard of a summer program being held by the Extension agency that lasts most of the summer; with the little ones going to learning activities 4 days a week until noon for 6 weeks, with 1 of those days each week being a field trip. They will learn all sorts of things like making simple snacks, taking care of animals, planting flowers, and other things kids will find fun, but don't learn in school. Dory and Daisy got signed up right then and there. They were excited when mom told them about and esp. when they found out that several of their friends from school would be there too.

3: After the first day, they came home excitedly telling mom all about the neat lady that helped them plant a bean seed and how it was gonna grow really tall and they would be able to eat the beans; but they had to take care of it and keep it alive first. But the thing that excited them the most was the lady's dog!! She has a beagle dog named Paisley and she brings her to school with her. And each day a different student is responsible for taking Paisley for water and taking her to potty. Oh how the girls wanted a dog of their own. They begged and begged but mom said they weren't old enough.

4: The next week, they found out that the field trip was to a strawberry patch and they would each be able to pick some berries to bring home. The girls both loved strawberries most of all and they were so excited they could hardly talk of anything else. It just so happened that on the day of the field trip, it was Daisy's turn to take care of Paisley. Oh my, that just about made their day perfect. When the bus pulled up to the farm, the student with dog duties got to get off first and take her to potty before all the activities, so off Daisy went with Dory trailing right along.

5: Well, it just so happens that Paisley loves strawberries too. And she could smell their sweet scent in the air and was pulling and tugging and all but dragging the girls towards the berry patch. They both grabbed hold of the leash and still the feisty little dog pulled them farther and farther away from the bus and towards the berry patch. Through the ditch wet from irrigation, she pulled them down the row slipping and sliding until she could get to the berries. The girls decided that one would hold the leash and one would fill their cartons and then go back. Dory got both cartons filled but had trouble carrying them both while Daisy had a time getting Paisley to leave. Dory spilled a couple berries while she tried to not slip in the mud and when Paisley spotted it, she followed right behind munching away. But Paisley wasn't satisfied with just a few berries so she started nudging Dory to get her attention; and between that and slipping, most of the girl's berries were spilled. And the teacher was calling them all to return to the bus. They were both muddy as could be, but the rest of the students were rather muddy too and teacher apologized for not knowing that they had irrigated this morning. But Dory and Daisy were more upset about not having any berries to take home. Oh no, and mom had promised them she would make their favorite strawberry shortcake for supper with their berries.

6: Rut Roh....things aren't lookin good here. The girls lost most of their berries, got all muddy and will miss out on their favorite dessert. Suddenly this summer thing didn't look so fun anymore. Oh dear. Teapotters to the rescue. We have to help out here. Surely 42,000 teapotters can pick a few strawberries. And mom promised us strawberry shortcake with our tea if we do. Whooooeee!! sounds yummy.

Challenge Translation:

Bring strawberries!! By the bowl, by the peck or by the wheelbarrow...just bring them. Well trained beagles are welcome too, as is scripture.

Destination Station:

This week our cards are going to Arlington Tx. if you wish a destination for your card; how about sending it to Doreen. She was brought to our attention by her sister Diann (SCS member westiemom) To find out why and an address to mail your cards, please see post#364 in the Destination station.

. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here is her sister's card

Here is a quick link to the Teapot Tuesday #264 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT264 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT264~August 20,2013~Dory and Daisy and a Dog named Paisley-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT264~August 20,2013~Dory and Daisy and a Dog named Paisley-il_570xn.350915025.jpg   MMTPT264~August 20,2013~Dory and Daisy and a Dog named Paisley-il_570xn.271733347.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 08-30-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT264 Strawberries for Doreen by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card for Doreen. Hope she gets well quickly!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

This card will be making it's way to Doreen in Arlington tomorrow.
MMTPT264 - Strawberries for Doreen by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

I had so much fun with this challenge this week. I made one card for Doreen, and loved it so much, I made another one - and a friend of mine loved it so much she wanted it. LOL

MMTPT264: Strawberries for Doreen

MMTPT264: Strawberry Fields
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

My card for Doreen, in the mail today (along with last week's too, I'm a bit behind).

MMTPT263 - There For You by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lynn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " MMMM...Summer Strawberries "

Here is my card for Doreen. I pray she heals well and fast. I had a freind that had 2 transplants too and is also happy for the miracles of being able to share.
MMMM...
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here si my card for Doreen:
MMTPT264 Strawberries for Doreen by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

MMTPT264 by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Here's mine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Loved making this card, it was a delicious experience. HERE is my "Strawberry Fields Forever".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #10  
Favorites Team Notifier

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Here is my card, finally!!
MMTPT264 STRAWBERRY MARY by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #11  

First time player...here's my card:
So Berry Sweet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine and I didn't bring strawberries. I brought a "well" trained beagle. I've had 6 beagles in my lifetime and I must say they aren't the easiest things to house break. I finally got hard wood floors to make things easier. MMTPT264 From one beagle lover to another by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #13  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Oh but gosh, Shelly, don't they clatter on the wood floors? My sister has all wood floors, and so do friends we visited in the North recently, and my word, the sound of their toenails (???) on the floor. And they skid - at least, the enthusiastic energetic ones do!! The plus, though, is how easy it is to sweep up all the hair they shed.

Here's my well-trained beagle, what a surprise ;-).
SC450 Snoopy and the Strawberries
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's my card
Kindness Matters by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Here is my card for Doreen. It doesn't have any strawberries, but it has a little beagle that I hope she will enjoy.
Beads'n Beagle by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes