Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CutterPillar Pro Version 3.0

Does anyone know if the CutterPillar Pro is worth the $$. It's running close to $120 (with shipping).

Any reviews, suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Patty
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also interested. 'Oh My Craft' has it on special for $90. Have a large Tonic cutter and like it but willing to change if someone can convince me it actually is as good as the sale-pitch video.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I've heard mixed reviews, but mostly good. They are releasing their new and improved version in April or May. I'm waiting for that one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it needs a ruler and fence along the bottom as well, maybe the new version will have that and be a bit larger to accommodate it. I had a MM cutter and I HATED that the top ruler wasn't designed to butt the paper against. That should be a no brainer feature with any paper cutter.

Last edited by Cartermrc; 03-09-2013 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default CutterPillar Pro Version 3.0

Thanks for your replies so far!

The latest version (3.0) only has 1 ruler, so no improvement there, but it seems the ruler is designed to align paper against it. I need to read more reviews!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

With each email from OMC, my resolve against buying yet ANOYHER paper trimmer is weakening! i was on a quest when i first started paper crafting to find a clean cutting paper trimmer. Found/bought the large Tonic. Bought. 15" Dahle but the ruler didn't have enough measurements-only to 1/4". I have watched the demo video for the CutterPiller multiple times. The demo seems to cover the questions I had - how the well the paper would stay put, how the rotary blade sharpens itself, how having a gear system is beneficial, the advantage of the lighted cutting area, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KolbopeView Post
Thanks for your replies so far!

The latest version (3.0) only has 1 ruler, so no improvement there, but it seems the ruler is designed to align paper against it. I need to read more reviews!
Finally got my craft room put together to the point I could get out my new cutterpillar pro last night. I love it! I didn't miss having a ruler at the bottom because i just pressed the paper against the top (you are correct that it is made to align the paper against it) and got a perfectly straight, clean cut with hardly any effort at all! So far, I am in love with this cutter - exactly what I have been searching for for years!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I kept my old one for a long time until I decided it was silly. The Cutterpillar is amazing. LOVE it. Cuts slivers with no trouble at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Ladies: I've decided to go ahead and purchase the V3. So frustrated w/my Fiskars rotary cutter, as it doesn't make an even or smooth cut (and it isn't because the blade is dull). I contacted the manufacturer of Cutterpillar and they tell me the small defects in V2 were corrected before they launched V3. It's great to know you love your V3 so much. Thanks for your posts!! Patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

I looked at the Cutterpillar pro back when OMC first advertised it. I decided to try the Fiskars Procision trimmer for $50.00, knowing I could return it. I am beginning to hate it and will be returning it tomorrow. I am back to considering the Cutterpillar Pro but I notice the arrival date keeps being pushed back further and further. The manufacturer is also out of stock. Kind of afraid it will end up like the envelope punch board I am still waiting for.
Hubby keeps telling me to just buy the Genesis. Why can't I just listen to him?
Guess I'm not there yet! Only thing is I probably could not return the Cutterpillar Pro if I didn't like it:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Actually, I think the people who were unhappy w/their Cutterpillar were able to return it for a refund. They worked with the manufacturer directly ([email protected]). When I emailed Cutterpillar, I asked them what other vendors and/or retailers were selling their product. Right now, we can only get it from them or OMC (OMC made a special purchase of the V3). Too bad, because if more vendors carried the V3, likely the price would be better. I just ordered mine today, but can't remember when the ship date is. Once I get it and have been able to use it, I'll post more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cutterpillar Pro V3

I just checked OMC and they're advertising the V3 for $90.00, plus 25% off. :-)They charge a $10.00 handling fee, so grand total comes in at $75.00. Since the product is still in production, it won't be shipped until mid-June.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Kolbope,
The original price is $120 minus the 25% which is the $90, plus $10 shipping.
I wish it was $75.00
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cutterpillar Pro V3 and OMC

Well, OMC is all over the place w/pricing. When I google their website, the price is $120 with 25% off, but when I open the link to their website (from their advertising email sent to me), the price is $90 with 25% off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

I like my cutterpillar, cuts straight the only issue I have is since I got it it is out about 1/8 of an inch ( I am **** about that stuff) and no matter how many times I try and adjust that thing it just doesn't line up and work with the grid lines on the bottom.... so I dunno I thought the grid should follow with the measurements but apparently it doesn't... however it cuts straight as an arrow if that's any consolation, I find I pile stuff on mine lol my fiskars with the wire seems to be the one I stick too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Jess: Can you tell me when you bought your Cutterpillar and is it a V2 or V3? I'm not sure I understand what you mean about being off 1/8th inch, yet able to cut a straight line. Can you ellaborate? Thanks! Patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

I will be home in a couple hours and will take some pictures to explain a bit better
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered the cutterpillar Version3. I really liked the Fiskars one with the wire but I kept stripping the wire. So after I figured with buying 3 even at half price I paid for half a cutterpillar. I only do cards but liked the idea of having a light. Looked at the Genesus but the one w/ a light was like 16 inches and I don't need that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Waiting for my camera battery to charge so I can show you what I mean.

Fiskars has a lifetime warranty on those cutters they will either replace just the wire or send you a whole new trimmer. actually the last time I had an issue they sent me a new trimmer as well as a wire for the one I had. They have fantastic customer service
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Fiskars did send me another "arm" but I didn't think I could ask for extras. I tried to be real careful but it just happened. Right now I'm using it without the wire.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

I have a Carl rotary trimmer from some years ago. It would cut straight but something was off with the measurements. I found out last year it was off by 1/8 inch. I have to cut 1/8" less to get the size I want, ex. 5" has to be cut at 4 7/8.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for all the posts! Cutterpillar tells me they have corrected the problems w/its V2, plus have tweeked other things (they didn't mention what those other things were--just that they are engineered-related).
It's okay, Jess. You sure don't have to go to the trouble of taping anything for me. It's possible, the Fiskars I'm using has a the sort of problem you're explaining. Not sure, but I do know I've had it w/my Fiskars. It'll still be another month before I get the Cutterpillar, but I'm hoping it's worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #23  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have one and love it!!!! It is light and easy to be portable. I think it is a great cutter~!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cutterpillar ProV3

That sure is good to know. Thanks for your post!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #25  
Glitter Queen

Wink

I ordered my Cutterpillar Pro back in January from OMC and i've yet to receive it. It sounds like it 'is' an issue with Cutterpillar but it does kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth with OMC which until then i loved ordering mainly my vinyl from.

Around April when the V2 was supposed to ship, i got an email asking if i wanted to upgrade my order to a V3 at no extra charge with an additional free pack of bazzil paper. I figured i'd waited that long i might as well. At that time it was expected to be shipped in mid May. It's now almost June and still no V3.

I found this post out of curiosity what other peoples thoughts were about buying and waiting this long for the V3.

When I found that OMC still is taking orders for these cutters, even though they don't have any in stock, I'm posting now just to at least inform people that ordering from OMC...you might still wait a while because since January they have been changing their delivery dates and could conceivably continue to do so.

At this point i'm not canceling my order...i've already had 100 bucks tied up in anticipation of this thing...when it comes...i'm definitely going to blog my review! LOL! Hoping for a positive experience because i've also had my share of hits and misses with different paper cutters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the post. I decided against ordering when I noticed the date kept being pushed back and it was out of stock with the manufacturer.
I think I've had my fill of pre-orders since I'm still waiting for my envelope punch board.
Will be looking for your review.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

Wow, 5 months is a long time to wait for a product that's back-ordered. Makes me wonder what the problem is. I'm glad OMC gave you the option to upgrade to the V3 because I'm told they worked out the kinks from their V2 and made other engineering-type adjustments.

Let's hope you don't have to wait much longer. Based on the reviews I've read, you should be able to look back on this and say it was worth the wait!

Thanks for your post!

Patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thought I'd post an update on my cutterpillar - I had ordered from OMC in December (so it was version 2), but because of a move wasn't ready to start using it until a couple of weeks ago. I loved it immediately. Unfortunately I began to have a problem with the blade running up on top of the metal plate on the cutter and getting stuck when I cut thicker cardstock. I contacted their customer service who immediately responded and helped me troubleshoot the issue, and with their help discovered that the screws holes where the guide attaches to the cutter were slightly off, so I was not able to properly align the guide. They sent me a UPS label to print off to return the cutter for free, and I sent it off on Tuesday. I just received an email that they have received the cutter and they can send off a replacement V2 immediately, but are offering me the option to wait until the beginning of July and receive the V3 intstead. I am a bit hesitant given what I have read hear about the delays on V3, but think I may take them up on the offer and wait.

All that being said, I have to say I have been extremely happy with Cutterpillar's customer service. I always say that any product can have problems... what matters is the how the company deals with the issues when they arise. I give Cutterpillar an A!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Joan-

Good to know that Cutterpillar backs their product. I agree, a product I'd only as good as the manufacturer and how they 'stand' behind their product. I am also waiting for my pre-order V3.

I pre-ordered my WRK Envelope Punchboard and was lucky to not have to wait very long to receive mine. I wasn't even on the first wave of pre-orders at Frantic Stamper. I think I received mine 4-6weeks before others who had ordered from other vendors. The owner of Frantic Stamper's kept her customers informed with info she received from the company.

Hope I like the V3. I'm like you-have purchased my share of paper cutters trying to find a reliable one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #30  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cutterpillar Pro V3: Reply to Joan and Crafter 4 Life

Hi,

I totally agree with you both and am glad to hear Cutterpillar's customer service is so responsive. Now, if we could just get them to be a little bit speedier

Thanks for keeping me updated w/your posts!

Patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

I decided to wait for V3 - she is going to send me tracking info as soon as it is on its way, so I'll be sure to post then since that will mean it should be available!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #32  
Compulsive Stamper

I contacted OMC to find out when the V3 will be shipped. Here is the reply I received this morning:

"The CP V3 is due to release and will begin processing for shipment late June-or sooner! (pending manufacturer release)"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Yea!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #34  
Inking Addict

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Chipboard

I'm looking for a trimmer that cuts medium weight chipboard. Does anyone have any experience with this trimmer used for chipboard?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I purchased my Cutterpillar last December/January from OMC. That was still the version2. I waited longer than I would have liked to receive it but it did finally arrive. Customer service helped me adjust it (really easy). ---I love it! I will never need another cutter unless I just have to have the version3. I had always wanted a Genesis but couldn't make myself spend that much. The Cutterpillar has met my every expectation and let me tell you, I am choosy. I wish I still had all the money I spent on cutters, trimmers, and blades before making this purchase. Cutting is now a no brainer for me. I'm so comfortable with the Cutterpillar it seems like an extension of me. I have no regrets. Customer service was great. I was offered a refund or another cutter had I not been satisfied after adjustment or if I had refused to try the adjustment instructions.
Cutting now makes me smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Loyce-

Thank you for sharing your experience with your V2 and Cutterpillar customer service. I am waiting for my V3 to show up on my doorstep but your comments lead me to believe it will be worth the wait. Like you, I have bought wayyyy too many paper cutter only to give them away or stash them in the back of a closet because they didn't cut to my expectations. (Had kept them too long to return.) I am a hobby card maker so can't justify paying the price of a Genesis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

I am also waiting for the stork to deliver my cutterpillar. Thanks for the good review. I am very excited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #38  
Glitter Guru

Is this cutter available from anywhere besides the company and OMC? I've waited too many months on too many orders placed with OMC to trust them anymore. It'd be nice if there was some pricing competition going on amongst sellers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have seen it on pre-order at 7kidscollegefund.com and I believe you can order directly from cutterpillar.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #40  
Compulsive Stamper

Just curious: Has anyone received their version 3 yet? Mine was supposed to arrive in June, but nothing yet.
Reply With Quote Likes