Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FULL! **I dream of paper** Blog Group - CLOSED GROUP

Since our founder, Lou, has left us, I have offered to take over If anyone else wants the reigns please let me know, I'm more than happy to hand them over!!

Same basic "rules" apply:

1 - Try and post at least one a week, if you don't no worries but it would be more exciting if it was a little more regularly than once every 2 months.

2 - comment on fellow groupies at least once every two weeks if they have a new post.

3 - add the group members on your blog sidebar with the update date thing so you can keep track when the group members do update.

4 - Check in here occasionally and leave a message so we know you are still an active member.

Our Members..........

- Marcy (Luv2Craft04) - My Paperie Dreams
- Maggie (mschoener) - Maggie's Cat House
- Winnie (winnieu) - Winnie's Inky Fingers
- Kelly (MiamiKel4) - Sandcastle Stamper
- Kel (kacopan) - Scraps & photoGRAFFS
- Tania (rollyfan) - Something To Scrap About

to mass-message everyone in the group:
Luv2Craft04, MiamiKel4, mschoener,rollyfan, winnieu, kacopan

Last edited by KAcopan; 10-22-2014 at 12:08 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

hold for future challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

hold *just in case*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

hold *just in case* #2
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #5  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

HI Kelli!

Thanks for getting us back up and going again! I hope that everyone will jump on and keep us going.

I can't believe that it's time to send kids back to school already. Ours don't go back until August 26.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

yay maggie, thanks for finding me here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waving hello to Maggie and Kel!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Yay!!! Found you here!!! Wow, school already? Mine go back on the 28th and I'm already dreading all the hectic schedules coming up. I'm trying to hold on to what's left of summer! lol Happy Monday all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

BTW, thanks for listing all of the current members. I believe I have some inactive members and not all of the new ones. I'll go update that right now! Thanks! Marcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

hi paige!!

you're welcome marcy!!

and yup... school started today, as does soccer season. i'm just grateful my kids practice on different days because i don't know how i'd manage by myself if they had to be at practice at the same time on 2 different fields!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #11  
Quacker Stamper

So glad to see members checking in. I need to update my sidebar now that we have the new thread going and have a list of all the active members.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #12  
Quacker Stamper

I had to take care of one of my outside kitties today. Before I knew better, I thought she was Corey and Casper's mom because she was all white, but then when Wanda brought them to me, I knew that she was the mom even though she was pitch black.

A few months ago I noticed that Glinda (the white cat) was pregnant and I made an appt. for her at SNAP (Spay/Neuter clinic) only I was not quick enough. She had the babies before I could get her there. Now here it is only a couple months later and she's pregnant again. BTW, I don't know what happened to her other kitties because I've never seen them and she has not brought them over here. So I called SNAP Friday and made an appt. for today and took her in. She had her surgery and I picked her up this afternoon. They want you to keep them indoors for at least 2 days, but I can't do that with my inside kitties. Lucky I remembered that I have a cage that I borrowed from my GF when I first brought Corey and Casper home and I still have it. Been meaning to get it back to her, but it hasn't worked out. Yeah for me. I have it all set up on the patio outside and managed to grab her from the carrier and get her in the cage. So I'll just keep her in there a few days until it's time to let her back out into the world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi guys! Thanks Kel for doing this! I so enjoy visiting with each of you. Glad to hear Glinda is doing well Maggie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi, I'm here! THe other Kelly! Thanks, Kel, for setting this up I'm sorry I"ve been a little missing -- my son goes back to school Monday, the 12th! ACK! Sooo not ready. My daugters (high school) go back the week after - so summer is drawing to a quick close here, sadly so!

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #15  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnieuView Post
Hi guys! Thanks Kel for doing this! I so enjoy visiting with each of you. Glad to hear Glinda is doing well Maggie!
Hi Winnie! I think Glinda is doing okay. When I went out and looked at her this morning, she had red circles under her eyes. Not sure what caused that. Otherwise she seems okay. I've put many a stray back outside right away after their surgeries, but since she was pregnant, they said she had a longer incision, so I just wanted to give her a little extra time to heal. I also had some leftover pain meds from when Corey was declawed, so I put that in a pill pocket last night for her to help give her some rest time. I have one more left that I'll give her tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

hi winnie!

kelly - i understand your end-of-summer stress!! have fun with your last week(s)!!!

maggie - you do so much for those cats!!! i keep telling DH that i want to foster... ideally i'd like to adopt more but it's more time (and a lot more $$) than we have right now. we're going to attend a fostering orientation and make sure we will be ready to foster and know what we're getting into... starting with dogs and then once my kitty passes away (she's 13), adopt and foster a few cats at the same time so they get used to being socialized. my cat has been queen for around 10 years so she wouldn't like another cat (or two... or three!) in her space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #17  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hi winnie!

kelly - i understand your end-of-summer stress!! have fun with your last week(s)!!!

maggie - you do so much for those cats!!! i keep telling DH that i want to foster... ideally i'd like to adopt more but it's more time (and a lot more $$) than we have right now. we're going to attend a fostering orientation and make sure we will be ready to foster and know what we're getting into... starting with dogs and then once my kitty passes away (she's 13), adopt and foster a few cats at the same time so they get used to being socialized. my cat has been queen for around 10 years so she wouldn't like another cat (or two... or three!) in her space.
Good morning ladies!

I know what you mean about the resident kitties. My oldest Paisley is not really too happy having Casper and Corey, but they stay out of each other's way, well Paisley tries to stay out of their way, although they'd love to play with her. She's 13 so I can see where she's just set in her way. The last one to come into the family was Maggie Mae and she's 7 so it's been awhile. My GF and I were talking last night about how much it costs to take care of these kitties and with the outside ones because it cost $$ to have them spayed or neutered. You can't just let them run around the neighborhood. She has a lot of problems with coons and possums at her house too. I think they have a bayou close to them which harbors critters. I do have a possum that lives in the yard behind me, but here lately I've been going out and picking up all the uneaten cat food about 9:30 at night so it's not out there for the possum to eat. Maybe it will get the message and go somewhere else. I don't mind feeding cats, but I won't feed the wild critters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Kel, I'm having trouble getting into your comment section on your blog to leave a comment. It's probably something with my computer as it looks like it's trying to load but it doesn't take me there.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
Kel, I'm having trouble getting into your comment section on your blog to leave a comment. It's probably something with my computer as it looks like it's trying to load but it doesn't take me there.
you're not the only one... i've had people tell me they have the same problem as you. even i have had that happen. i think it's my server. my contract is up for renewal with the current hosting peoples in october, so i am working with my web designer to see if i can move my entire website over to a more reliable one. it's going to be a pain in the a** but if it is better in the long run then i'd much rather deal with it now.

if any of you are self-hosted, where do you get your hosting from? i'm currently with webhostingbuzz.com and haven't had any problems with them in the almost 6 years i've been with them, but then again i haven't had as much traffic to my website until i started blogging again at the beginning of this year. it's frustrating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #20  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

you're not the only one... i've had people tell me they have the same problem as you. even i have had that happen. i think it's my server. my contract is up for renewal with the current hosting peoples in october, so i am working with my web designer to see if i can move my entire website over to a more reliable one. it's going to be a pain in the a** but if it is better in the long run then i'd much rather deal with it now.

if any of you are self-hosted, where do you get your hosting from? i'm currently with webhostingbuzz.com and haven't had any problems with them in the almost 6 years i've been with them, but then again i haven't had as much traffic to my website until i started blogging again at the beginning of this year. it's frustrating.
I've never tried it on my own. I just use Blogger and it's worked for me really well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

What a pain Kel! I hope you can get it to work the way you need it to. I still consider myself fairly new to blogging so blogger is all that I know for now!
My kids have 2 more weeks and then back to school. I'm trying to hang on to summer because I know with school comes hectic schedules. I haven't even done my Back to School shopping yet. Fall sports are starting soon too...totally not ready for all of this! LOL
Maggie, Hope Glinda gets well soon! I love cats but my son, Ryan is allergic. :( We do have a lab Lucy who is the sweetest dog!
Okay, off to bed to get some rest. I'll be visiting you all soon on your blogs! Hugs, Marcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #22  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Craft04View Post
What a pain Kel! I hope you can get it to work the way you need it to. I still consider myself fairly new to blogging so blogger is all that I know for now!
My kids have 2 more weeks and then back to school. I'm trying to hang on to summer because I know with school comes hectic schedules. I haven't even done my Back to School shopping yet. Fall sports are starting soon too...totally not ready for all of this! LOL
Maggie, Hope Glinda gets well soon! I love cats but my son, Ryan is allergic. :( We do have a lab Lucy who is the sweetest dog!
Okay, off to bed to get some rest. I'll be visiting you all soon on your blogs! Hugs, Marcy
HI Marcy, Glinda is doing very well. She's been sticking close to home since her surgery. I've heard on the news recently that they think they know what causes cat allergies and it's something that they can make a drug to counteract it. Could be one day that you son could have a cat.

Had a busy day today and the kids came for dinner tonight. I made whole chickens in the crock pot and they turned out to be fantastic.

Gonna go do some maintenance on my blog and try to get around to visit everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #23  
Quacker Stamper

Looks like everyone here has been very busy, me too!

Thought we might have heard from Kel. She has some exciting (I hope) news to share. I don't want to spill the beans, so I'll let her tell.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #24  
Quacker Stamper

I finally got my blog lists all updated on my blog and got around last night to visit everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with everyone now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

hey maggie - wasn't sure if i was allowed to say anything yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #26  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

hey maggie - wasn't sure if i was allowed to say anything yet.
I wasn't sure when you were going to start. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Um, we want to hear your news!!!!!!!

I'm sure whatever it is, it's fabulous and I'm happy for you!!!

Busy week here with school starting for my son, the girls start Monday - blech! I'm glad it's the weekend even though its a bit jam-packed, too - LOL!

Hugs for all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #28  
Watercolor Wizard

happy friday all.

the good... no GREAT news is that i made the perfect sentiments DT, and get to work with maggie!!!! i won't be starting until september though... but i'm excited!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #29  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

happy friday all.

the good... no GREAT news is that i made the perfect sentiments DT, and get to work with maggie!!!! i won't be starting until september though... but i'm excited!!
I'm very excited too that you make the Design Team. It'll be great having you with us. They are a great bunch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #31  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Don't know what you were trying to say Kelly, but Good morning! Hope you have a wonderful day! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #32  
Quacker Stamper

I got to work late today. I had to take Casper in to the vet yet again! He had tummy issues over the weekend, so I wanted to get that addressed ASAP. I was cleaning up the floor all weekend by the litter box because he couldn't get his bottom all the way in the box before he let go. Ugh! The vet said he probably has a parasite. He's very healthy looking in every other way - weighs almost 12 pounds and he's not even a year old yet! We may have to put him on a diet. ;) So now I have to give him meds every day. It is a liquid so it'll be done using a syringe. He was so good for the girl at the vet's office. I know he's not going to be that good for me. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #33  
Watercolor Wizard

kelly - LOVE the new picture!!! beautiful!!!

oh maggie i'm so sorry to hear that. my cat has a chronic behavioral issue - peeing on stuff. she targets pillows or blankets on the bed/sofa... and LOVES laundry fresh out of the dryer or off the line. if it's folded and stacked it's not an issue, but piled up... oh boy. she also pees when she feels like we don't pay enough attention to her or aren't home... anywhoo, hope casper feels better soon!!

hellooooooooooo everyone else, hope you have a great week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #34  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

kelly - LOVE the new picture!!! beautiful!!!

oh maggie i'm so sorry to hear that. my cat has a chronic behavioral issue - peeing on stuff. she targets pillows or blankets on the bed/sofa... and LOVES laundry fresh out of the dryer or off the line. if it's folded and stacked it's not an issue, but piled up... oh boy. she also pees when she feels like we don't pay enough attention to her or aren't home... anywhoo, hope casper feels better soon!!

hellooooooooooo everyone else, hope you have a great week!
Oh, Kelli, I know how that goes too. My 13 yo Paisley likes rugs - anything with rubber on the back and even those that don't. I can't have a rug in front of a door on in my kitchen or in the bathroom - not anywhere. She'll wet on it. I've read that the rubber smell does attract some cats, but she's even done it on some things that don't have rubber on the back - like a little cat bed. So, needless to say, I don't have any rugs down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #35  
Watercolor Wizard

i have a question about the gallery here on scs - i created albums AFTER i uploaded stuff... is it possible to move stuff from my member gallery into the album or do i need to re-upload it? i'm so confused!! i'm trying to be better about uploading (i did about 22 today before my computer/scs started lagging on me and i though i'd call it a day!) but it's just one big disorganized mess... but i don't know how to sort it out!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2013, 03:01 AM   #36  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

i have a question about the gallery here on scs - i created albums AFTER i uploaded stuff... is it possible to move stuff from my member gallery into the album or do i need to re-upload it? i'm so confused!! i'm trying to be better about uploading (i did about 22 today before my computer/scs started lagging on me and i though i'd call it a day!) but it's just one big disorganized mess... but i don't know how to sort it out!!
I haven't done it in awhile but I have moved items before. I think you just have to go in and edit the photo and choose the album where you want it to be. Lately I tend not to upload to the gallery because it does seem to take up so much time to do it. I should more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to say Happy TGIF! Sorry I haven't been around to blogs lately. I plan to make rounds this weekend. Life has been so hectic lately! Last week we had a death in the family so we have been busy traveling out of town and just trying to help out with the funeral which was last weekend. Then Monday, craziness at work with some deadlines and then Wednesday, I had to report to Jury Duty. I've been to JD each day as they are still in the process of Jury Selection. So I really have had little time to craft and blog hop and watch You tube vids. LOL Anyways, like I said. I will visit soon! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #38  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Craft04View Post
Hi Ladies! Just wanted to say Happy TGIF! Sorry I haven't been around to blogs lately. I plan to make rounds this weekend. Life has been so hectic lately! Last week we had a death in the family so we have been busy traveling out of town and just trying to help out with the funeral which was last weekend. Then Monday, craziness at work with some deadlines and then Wednesday, I had to report to Jury Duty. I've been to JD each day as they are still in the process of Jury Selection. So I really have had little time to craft and blog hop and watch You tube vids. LOL Anyways, like I said. I will visit soon! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
HI Marcy, so sorry about the death in your family. That's good that you were able to help with the funeral and all.

I won't say it out loud, but I haven't been called for jury duty in awhile. I don't really mind it either like some people do. I just wish that after spending that time there waiting around that they'd actually put me on a panel. Is it an interesting case?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #39  
Watercolor Wizard

marcy so sorry for your loss. and sorry jury duty is taking time away from crafting!!

i only got called once but it was when DS1 was an infant so i was excused.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #40  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning ladies!

I was supposed to take Corey to the vet this morning for 2 booster shots, but he is being very uncooperative. I should have put him in the crate first thing this morning when he loves all over me and wants me to pick him up. When it was time to go, he would not let me close enough to grab him. I tried getting him in the bathroom, but he hid behind the commode and would let me touch him - hissed and growled at me. :( I rescheduled the appointment for Thursday and I'll just crate him first thing in the morning. Hope he's talking to me by then.
Reply With Quote Likes