View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
berlycece
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadgeRPh View Post
I have only seen the last few episodes so I don't have a complete picture of all the contestants.

Stacey seemed nice and it appears she can cook well but she seemed a bit whiny to me. Rodney has personality but I could not watch more than 1 or 2 episodes of pie making. It's seems to be a fad.

I don't get Russell's thing at all.

I really liked Damaris and loved the idea for her pilot of a guy winning over a woman with his cooking! The Paula Deen angle is a good one!

I kinda like Russell...and I think the title Guilty Pleasures works better than "culinary sins". If he had started with that, he may ave found his focus sooner. I think the candied bacon on top of the bourbon ice cream was creative. I don't drink bourbon...but bacon belongs any where it wants to be!

I don't think Damaris is intentionally using a Paula Deen angle...but timing may be just right for her. With PD off the network, a fresh new southern cooking show is needed. I also thought Damaris was very natural and fun and giddy when she was cooking with the "student". I found her charming. Her intro was well-worded but dull in delivery. I think she is best when she just interacts and has fun.

I just hope Pie Guy does not win. Yikes
My Gallery QFTD#207

My blog at a NEW address: Stamping for LIFE!!

2014 Total Cards Created: 260
NEW Cards Mailed: 87 OLD Cards Mailed: 19 Cards Donated: 58 Cards Swapped: 4

Christmas Cards Created: 18 2014 SCS Challenges Completed: 110 2014 Blog challenges completed: 67
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!