Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question App for keeping track of Spellbinders Dies?

Does anyone know of an app for keeping track of items like dies to look at while shopping? I just returned 2 Spellbinders dies that I already had at home. I have a list in my computer, but I can't take it with me when I shop and I never know when I'll see them when I'm out and about.

I'm wondering about using and Excel spreadsheet and Dropbox, or if there is a better way?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

I don't know of any apps for dies, embossing folders, etc., but I'll be the first to admit I'm not one of the most tech-savvy people. What I've done is use the Notes app on my iPhone to create lists for products I don't want to duplicate. I have one note labeled "Nestabilities", one labeled "Embossing Folders", one called "Punches", and one labeled "Basic Grey Papers". The only difficult thing about this method is remembering to update my list(s) when I buy something new! :lol:

If you use Copic markers, there is an app for keeping track of the colors you own. It can be found here: Copic Marker Colors iPhone Application
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

This thread:

Evernote Supply list Sharing? by Mary*MI at Splitcoaststampers

Discusses Evernote as an app for tracking supplies, dies, stamps, etc. It's the methos I'm planning to use.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

I have used a loose-leaf appointment book for years (pre computers) and always take it in the car with me. There are about four pages devoted to stamping stuff I am looking for and stamping stuff I own done with Word in as compact a style as I can make it. Not everything is in the own section, just the items that tend to get confusing, such as the dies. When I am in a hobby store, I remove the four pages and bring them with me. It has prevented needless purchases countless times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I vote for evernote. You can make the master list on your computer to use at home, and it will sync the list to your app on your phone or ipad/tablet. Also, it's free!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Smile Evernote

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
This thread:

Evernote Supply list Sharing? by Mary*MI at Splitcoaststampers

Discusses Evernote as an app for tracking supplies, dies, stamps, etc. It's the methos I'm planning to use.
I totally forgot about Evernote! I remember reading about it here a while back and even downloaded the app to my phone, but never did anything with it. I will check it out.

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful suggestions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Default Krafts app for iphone for craft inventory

I found a great app for craft inventories on iPhones called Krafts. You can create your own categories for supplies, add detailed information about the supplies including photos of items, and create a shopping list as supplies run out. You can also keep a running record of projects you're working on or ideas for projects. I highly commend it! I use the app for my card making, scrapbooking, and even cake decorating supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 02:50 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

If you already have an excel spreadsheet, I recommend that you copy/paste it into Google docs. There is a spreadsheet there that is very similar to excel (just not as sophisticated with formulas, etc.) that would work out great! Then you can access your list anywhere anytime without having to re-type it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

I use Evernote heavily, but not for keeping stamp supply inventory. I highly recommend List Master. I have Apple devices, so I am not sure if it is available for Android or Kindle. But if you have an Apple device give it a try. You can create unlimited lists and you can set up your list anyway you want. For example, I have a list of all my SNSS stamp sets. I created fields to store the Stamp Set Name, Tags (to search on), Illustrator Name, and Photo of the set. Everything can be stored locally on your device so you can create your lists without being limited with bandwidth sizes for syncing your data with an online source. However if you have multiple devices, you can set it up to sync between devices with Dropbox or other cloud services. You can also export your list to open in Excel. It is very easy to enter the information for each item you are adding to the inventory and you don't have to deal with separate notes for each item.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks javagirl984! Off to look in the app store.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 05:03 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

For Ranger products, Tim Holtz has an app to keep track of most products. For other things I just use my shopping list app called "Out of Milk" I can make multiple lists on it like Spellbinder/ Memento Pad/ Memento refills. I put in what I have so when I'm shopping I know if I have it or not. When I buy something else, I enter that.
Plus it works great for actual shopping lists too...when you don't forget your phone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

here's another vote for EVERNOTE!!! I use it to keep track of everything!! I like the fact that it's also searchable...and it syncs across ALL my devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop and desktop!)!! It's nice to type it once, and voila, it syncs everything!!
You can also add pictures to your Evernote notes...a great feature when you are searching for just the right stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

OMG, so happy to see this thread. Not sure why I never started this one! I have been keeping separate lists in Excel (EP, Ink Pads, etc), then i print out each one and cut to size to slip into sleeves of a small plastic $1 'brag book' that I throw into my purse when i know I am going out to shop for crafts. I jot new purchases down in pen and when the sheet gets too messy, then i update it in Excel and re-print. I will definitely take a look at the apps mentioned. There have been many times I head out shopping for something else, but magically then find myself at the craft store & I don't have my little book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
I use Evernote heavily, but not for keeping stamp supply inventory. I highly recommend List Master. I have Apple devices, so I am not sure if it is available for Android or Kindle. But if you have an Apple device give it a try. You can create unlimited lists and you can set up your list anyway you want. For example, I have a list of all my SNSS stamp sets. I created fields to store the Stamp Set Name, Tags (to search on), Illustrator Name, and Photo of the set. Everything can be stored locally on your device so you can create your lists without being limited with bandwidth sizes for syncing your data with an online source. However if you have multiple devices, you can set it up to sync between devices with Dropbox or other cloud services. You can also export your list to open in Excel. It is very easy to enter the information for each item you are adding to the inventory and you don't have to deal with separate notes for each item.
Javagirl984, did you get the free version or did you pay the $8.99 for List Master? I need an app that is easy to use because I'm not very technical. I tried using Evernote, but haven't figured out how to add pictures and make it a real list like Sarah and Arizona, etc. above. I'd like it to look like an Excel list.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,908 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I have a smartphone, but I would rather do it the old fashioned way. I have a small pocket size composition book with them all written in. I just add to that as I get new ones and delete any I have given away. I also update an excel spreadsheet, but I have a One Note workbook on the computer too. I just copy and paste the list to that from excel. One Note lets me keep track of everything so easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I do it the old fashioned way also with a small composition book that is 3 x 4 approx. I sectioned it off and have writen down all the embossing folders, dies, ink refills, pads, punches, colors of acrylic paints, silks, rubs and copics, stencils, gelatos, cartridges, pearlx, and stickles. It fits in my purse and I can write it in as I buy it. I have a 5x7
3 ring for all my stamps that I rarely take with me. I kinda know what stamps I have
and have only had 2 duplications in 20 years. I use it mainly to reference what stamps to use for a particular technique.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

I have all my dies, EF, paint daubbers, mist colors, etc. listed by type in a very small loose leaf notebook. It is very old, so I don't know if they are made anymore but any small notebook would work. Every time I buy something, I list it, as I have done "repeat buying" myself. Those things make great gifts for my stamping friends, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Have downloaded Krafts Inventory app for iphone ($2.99). Happy so far. It has found most of the bar codes I have tried to scan for my embossing folders, stamps, etc. To make scanning a list quick while shopping, I label items like markers or inks starting with their general primary color - so Green-Light Moss Green, Green-Malachite, etc... so that all my greens fall together in the listing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Go to the evernote thread, you will hear all about this free app and the cool templates we share back and forth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I use an app called ScrapStash. It has a mobile component and more features (if you choose) on your desktop computer. You can even scan products in rather than entering them in manually. Just a tip. After scanning, be sure to set the product to 1 or more in either your wish list or your stash. I misunderstood how the program worked. Until you do, the item is only in the scanner and not in your 'stash'. It won't be searchable until then.

I also use a database program which hubby customized for my stamps. I take a photo of them or I can use an online version from the company of if no longer have the blocks (unmounted) or the index sheet/sticker. Then I can enter type of stamp, how many in the set (which will eventually create a grand total, eek!), where I store it, if i have a matching die etc AND I'm tagging them with the sentiments contained within a set. Eventually, I'll be able to look up all my sets with 'thank you' for example, browse the sets to see which one I want and look at the set itself to find where I keep it. It will just take a while to enter all my stamps and it takes a bit to set it up if you don't have a tech savvy hubby or self to customize the program. It's called myStuff2 and I bought the pro version.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Inventory

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsmomView Post
I found a great app for craft inventories on iPhones called Krafts. You can create your own categories for supplies, add detailed information about the supplies including photos of items, and create a shopping list as supplies run out. You can also keep a running record of projects you're working on or ideas for projects. I highly commend it! I use the app for my card making, scrapbooking, and even cake decorating supplies.
Hi, i have just found this app and now have it on my Ipad and iphone. Do you know if i set up categories on my Ipad, is there a way i can duplicate the same categories on my iphone without having to do it all manuall?
This app is a lot easier for me than evernote as i am not tech savvy
Hope you can help, TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Evernote!!! You can break down into categories..stamps, spellbinders, paper, etc. And, it is support to support all apps and share with each other from laptop, iphone and ipad, etc. I only have a laptop..no iphone or ipod but I live pretty far from scrapbooking stores and order a lot online. Having an iphone would be great for when you are in a store and need to check to see what you already have! Good luck!

P.S. Forgot to tell you that you can add a picture of each item you list individually too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Krafts App

I think you can pay for more features to sync across phone/tablet. I emailed questions to the app owner, and he responded immediately. We went back and forth, then i sent him a list of "features" I would like to see, he was super appreciative and said he would email me to be a "tester" when those come out.
If you go to the Help tab, there is a button that says "Email Jeff"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilma bassView Post
Javagirl984, did you get the free version or did you pay the $8.99 for List Master? I need an app that is easy to use because I'm not very technical. I tried using Evernote, but haven't figured out how to add pictures and make it a real list like Sarah and Arizona, etc. above. I'd like it to look like an Excel list.
It is probably the paid version. I think I got it free from Starbucks as one of their freebie downloads a while ago.
That is the limitation of Evernote. You can't really make a list. You can create notebooks with separate notes. And the biggest problem I have with Evernote is that is must sync with the cloud. I have limited internet bandwidth, so that is not the best option for me when it comes to large "lists".

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshatzmaView Post
OMG, so happy to see this thread. Not sure why I never started this one! I have been keeping separate lists in Excel (EP, Ink Pads, etc), then i print out each one and cut to size to slip into sleeves of a small plastic $1 'brag book' that I throw into my purse when i know I am going out to shop for crafts. I jot new purchases down in pen and when the sheet gets too messy, then i update it in Excel and re-print. I will definitely take a look at the apps mentioned. There have been many times I head out shopping for something else, but magically then find myself at the craft store & I don't have my little book.
I also use Excel for my inventory.
I have purchase nesties twice before my handy dandy list that goes in my purse was created.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 06:47 AM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

I have an app called List Master that I use to keep track of card making supplies. You can make as many folders as you want plus sub lists and also create the number of columns you need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswangerView Post
I have an app called List Master that I use to keep track of card making supplies. You can make as many folders as you want plus sub lists and also create the number of columns you need.
Did you buy the $8.99 version and can you create your list in Excel and then import it to your phone or do you have to make the list on your iphone. I want to do something like this very badly. I have typed lists that I try to carry with me, but I forget to add the items to the list sometimes...maybe I would be more likely to add to the phone list because I love playing with the phone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
It is probably the paid version. I think I got it free from Starbucks as one of their freebie downloads a while ago.
That is the limitation of Evernote. You can't really make a list. You can create notebooks with separate notes. And the biggest problem I have with Evernote is that is must sync with the cloud. I have limited internet bandwidth, so that is not the best option for me when it comes to large "lists".
Thank you so much for your response. I am still debating what to do, so in the meantime I am getting nothing done! I didn't too well with Evernote. I'm not savvy enough to use that one, I think. I'm glad you like List Master. I now have it on my phone...just the "Lite" version. I'll see what I can do with that one.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 07:14 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 464 Likes on 346 Posts

I keep it very simple. I have a Word document on my computer that I update every time I buy (or order) something. Every time I update it, I email it to myself and that way I can access it on my phone when I'm shopping (I have an iPhone so can open a Word attachment on it).

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got my iPhone I decided to go digital. I took photos of everything I have and opened up different photo albums. I am huge with rubber stamps, but other categories include Books, alphabets, Stencils, Dies, Paints and Markers, Adhesives (this includes matte medium etc). I find this to be superior because often I'll have something in my hand and discover it looks really really a lot like something I already have under another brand, etc. I also keep notes on the iPhone- Shopping List, Copics, Pan Pastels, Magazines. Magazines in particular are on the shelf for 3 months and it's easy to forget you already bought it- especially if the unread stack is a mile high!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafthappy1View Post
Hi, i have just found this app and now have it on my Ipad and iphone. Do you know if i set up categories on my Ipad, is there a way i can duplicate the same categories on my iphone without having to do it all manuall?
This app is a lot easier for me than evernote as i am not tech savvy
Hope you can help, TIA
You can sync your Ipad and IPhone as well as your Mac! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Splash Shopper

Great suggestions, which I will definitely look into! I've been using an app called SplashShopper for years. First got it to keep track of books/authors I've read, then expanded to add categories for Punches, DSP, Nesties, etc. I keep a running list of my stamp sets in a Word document--but only update it once in a while and don't carry it around with me. In the age of technology, there are some great apps out there, most of them extremely user-friendly and time/money saving in the long run.
Cassie Z.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

I currently use ScrapStash as well, but have not seen an update in a very long time. I had a look at Krafts Inventory - love the fact you can have different lists or headings. Does anyone know how often it is updated?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #34  
Embossing Fanatic

I use an Android app called Memento. It's free, was easy to set up and syncs to Google docs, so I can keep an up to date list on both my tablet and phone. I have categories for stamps, dies, punches, inks, etc, etc. I can easily filter by brand or anything else. So far it's working well for me. I initially set up importing an Excel file, but once set up, the updating and fine tuning is all done in the program.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #35  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Did you buy the $8.99 version and can you create your list in Excel and then import it to your phone or do you have to make the list on your iphone. I want to do something like this very badly. I have typed lists that I try to carry with me, but I forget to add the items to the list sometimes...maybe I would be more likely to add to the phone list because I love playing with the phone.
I didn't buy the $8.99 version. I created my lists directly in List Master. I don't know if you can import an Excel file or not. Sorry I'm not more help. I just know that it works well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Sorry-I'm a tech cave gal myself...my new smartphone is way smarter than me! I barely manage to use it for calls LOL. Nor am I inspired to learn it. Too bad because it is obvious a great discussion is going on here with smart people!

I use excel sheets at home b/c I do 90% of my buying online so I can just open the sheet and see what I have. I have my DP on one and just realized I need to also have a column for source so if I want more I know where to look now that I am buying paper from more places. Dies, embossing folders, all on spreadsheets. But I did also do sample embossing in a book. I had started to do sample die cuts and realized that was just silly. I can see if a die will fit a design with the die itself.

For stamps-I have three ring binders and have stamped them all out...so not only do I not duplicate exactly but even closely.

For inks, glitter and embossing powders I built sample sheets-but I am going to re-do the glitter on acetate tags using double stick tape. I love that idea and got it here!

I can carry all of them (except the stamp binders) in my shoulder bag if I am out shopping. If my one local SS is having a post holiday sale I can take that one section out of the stamp books.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by rswangerView Post
I didn't buy the $8.99 version. I created my lists directly in List Master. I don't know if you can import an Excel file or not. Sorry I'm not more help. I just know that it works well for me.
I started using List Master last night by typing in my Memory Box Dies. I entered the name of the die and took a photo of the "envelope" they come in. After just 25 entries in that list and a few more under Gift List, it said I had reached my List Master Lite limit of 30 but could purchase the full version to create unlimited lists.

I have a Tim Holtz App that has his products already listed and you can check off the items you have and/or want. That one is pretty cool.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #38  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I started using List Master last night by typing in my Memory Box Dies. I entered the name of the die and took a photo of the "envelope" they come in. After just 25 entries in that list and a few more under Gift List, it said I had reached my List Master Lite limit of 30 but could purchase the full version to create unlimited lists.

I have a Tim Holtz App that has his products already listed and you can check off the items you have and/or want. That one is pretty cool.
I said that I didn't buy the $8.99 app for List Master but I checked back and I did. I have hundreds of items on my lists. Sorry for the misinformation. It works great for me. - Rita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #39  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Sorry-I'm a tech cave gal myself...my new smartphone is way smarter than me! I barely manage to use it for calls LOL. Nor am I inspired to learn it. Too bad because it is obvious a great discussion is going on here with smart people!

I use excel sheets at home b/c I do 90% of my buying online so I can just open the sheet and see what I have. I have my DP on one and just realized I need to also have a column for source so if I want more I know where to look now that I am buying paper from more places. Dies, embossing folders, all on spreadsheets. But I did also do sample embossing in a book. I had started to do sample die cuts and realized that was just silly. I can see if a die will fit a design with the die itself.

For stamps-I have three ring binders and have stamped them all out...so not only do I not duplicate exactly but even closely.

For inks, glitter and embossing powders I built sample sheets-but I am going to re-do the glitter on acetate tags using double stick tape. I love that idea and got it here!

I can carry all of them (except the stamp binders) in my shoulder bag if I am out shopping. If my one local SS is having a post holiday sale I can take that one section out of the stamp books.
I have the tech cave versions also. I have a small notebook that has the names of my dies, embossing folders, punches, stencils and designer 6x6 paper pads. I also have a medium size spiral notebook that has sample die cuts of all dies I own. Have also stamped all my stamps in categories so when I want to make a card I can see the exact stamped image and my dies at a glance. Has helped me to utilize ones I forgot I had.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

I, too, have bought over time several stamps and dies of the same kind. Bummer! But, I have come up with a plan to see what I have at a glance with 3 ring notebooks my hubby and I put together. I put the stamps in categories then stamped them and noted a page number/stamp number. It works like a charm. I use them all the time. I am just now thinking of putting together a note book with a sample of each die. Right now they are in labeled CD cases but I have tons of them and have to look through several or even open them to see the difference between Radiant Rectangles and another one similiar to it. Organization seems to be the name of the game when we start getting lots of stuff. When I shop on line for (most) of my stuff I have the notebooks right there with me. There are no longer any boutique stamp/crafting stores (but Joann's and Michaels) around me so to get the real cool products on line is the only way for me to go.
Reply With Quote Likes