Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #81  
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, here are a couple. I'm moving the desk to the wall by the window (where the bed is in the second picture). The bed is leaving but I don't have a place for it yet. Basically rotating my same set up 90 degrees to the next corner. The real issue is that I want to fit a futon in there. The futon needs to have room to open. Not a ton of room. It will not be a guest room but would be nice to have to sleepovers or sickness. Probably I should just give up on the futon idea, would be way easier, and is likely just residual guilt for disposing of the seldom used guest room.

On the plus side, now that everything is all organized, I can find things with relative ease on the occasion that I've had a need for a specific card. AND have been putting them away.
Attached Thumbnails
How big is your table?-room_a.jpg   How big is your table?-room_b.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #82  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 8 foot long piece of kitchen counter top on two lower cabinets. Works great.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #83  
Matboard Maniac

Default how big is your table

I too have some counter top, but just snagged a big quilting table, the ones that fold down narrow. Found it at a thrift store, started out at $100 but I waited a couple weeks and got it for $35.00 worth the wait figured if it was gone when I checked again I was not meant to have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #84  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecuts4uView Post
I too have some counter top, but just snagged a big quilting table, the ones that fold down narrow. Found it at a thrift store, started out at $100 but I waited a couple weeks and got it for $35.00 worth the wait figured if it was gone when I checked again I was not meant to have it.
Nice!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Oooh I like that you have a big window in there Jen... will cross my fingers for ya that hubs can convince the grands they really wanna snag your kids an take them AWAY for a day hee hee..

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjenView Post
OK, here are a couple. I'm moving the desk to the wall by the window (where the bed is in the second picture). The bed is leaving but I don't have a place for it yet. Basically rotating my same set up 90 degrees to the next corner. The real issue is that I want to fit a futon in there. The futon needs to have room to open. Not a ton of room. It will not be a guest room but would be nice to have to sleepovers or sickness. Probably I should just give up on the futon idea, would be way easier, and is likely just residual guilt for disposing of the seldom used guest room.

On the plus side, now that everything is all organized, I can find things with relative ease on the occasion that I've had a need for a specific card. AND have been putting them away.
Although I don't have a room for my crafting I'm here to say to let the residual guilty go for letting go of the guest room. It is far better to have a room that is useful. TBH we don't have a bedroom at the moment, we could have one but it makes it awkward for a few reasons so we are living more of a NYC loft style with partial walls, whilst the other generations have the bedrooms. Had a visitor last year and put them in one of the kid's rooms (they have big beds not twin sized). Luckily that one was away at university but if he wasn't it still would have been our choice to do it that way. Open up the possibilities of using your space to the best which may or may not be the most conventional.

FWIW I think there is a lady on this board who has a table that fits over a twin sized bed. So she has that workspace available but takes it apart if they need to use the room. Is that an option?

Another idea is that if you only need a twin available there are chairs that convert. So a chair would take less room than a futon.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 06-18-2013 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #87  

Thanks for the encouragement. The letting go of the guest room hasn't been too bad. I came to the same conclusion as you did. Why let a great room go to waste 99% of the time when I could be using it! We've had virtually no guests for years and then as soon as I dismantle the room, BAM! Two sets of week long houseguests. But the shower hasn't functioned down there since we re-did all the plumbing except what goes to that room so I actually think this is better.

The kids have been sleeping together on an air mattress on the floor all week and have never slept better. DS will be sad to have his sister go as he enjoys the company at night. And I probably should just get rid of the futon. I bought it when I first moved here so have had my money's worth for sure. Air mattresses work fine for sleepovers.

The grands did end up taking the kids out but on Monday, when I was a work (kept them home from daycamp). I was going to take Friday off to finish it up but found out the corporate big wigs are going to be in the office next week so might postpone it until then. I don't have any business casual clothes anymore (that fit) and am not keen on buying some. So can work from home on my usual days and then take off on Wednesday. But that seems so. far. away. Either way, expect some progress by next week!

Stacy, the window is nice and West facing. For a basement room, it has great light. I wasn't going to move my table by the tall one because I was afraid of fading but will just have to be sure to close things up if I leave them out for any period of time.

Have a great day!

PS. More great ideas on tables, like the idea of one over a bed and I was looking at those Euro-loungers. They take up less space than a futon. I just didn't want to spend the $$$$ if I could make the futon, which I already own, work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #88  

Hi all, just popping in and wanted to thank you for the prod. Took the day off and moved everything around. The room is by no means done but the big stuff is in its place and lots of the little stuff too. It's to a point where I can craft (which I may do tonight to celebrate) and keep moving on the organization.

I figure each time I take something out, I will sort through what's there and delete something if it no longer rings my bell. And figuring out what to keep on the desk will be an iterative process.

Looking forward to the fun part when I can decorate. I have lots of great stuff to hang on the wall, definitely need new drapes (which I can probably con my mom in to making for me).

The one advantage of this new layout is that the wall my main desk faces is interior so I will be able to hang things on it. In particular, I'd like to put some of my wood mounted stamps on a shelf.

The side of the room I didn't show is still in chaos but starting to come together. Room for the futon but if I don't move it down, I have another black table I can put in the spot. Would be a great cutting table.

Anyway, have a great weekend. Get crafty!
Attached Thumbnails
How big is your table?-__img_9394.jpg   How big is your table?-__img_7700.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #89  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

lookin' good Jen!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #90  

I even used it last night. Knocked together one of the many kits I have lying around. Use 'em up and get them out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #91  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine is a pretty good size.
Attached Thumbnails
How big is your table?-dscn1933.jpg  

My Blog
- My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes