View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #21
Rebecca Ednie
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
I'm waiting for SU's NEW ENVELOPE PUNCH BOARD!!!!!!!! LOVED the idea of the one from the other company BUT, didn't like the thought of buying a flawed product! (My idea of flawed? Incorrect measurements! ANYONE can punch the corners of an Envelope with a circle punch! You're paying for the measurements to be already done![/url]
Firstly, they have fixed the measurements and secondly, that's not all it does! It allows you to get the placement perfect, the shape it punches it not quite what a circle punch creates and a circle punch would not be an acceptable substitute in my world. It also allows you to score in just the right place and all of this in under a minute, 30 seconds once you get used to it.

If you use a circle punch, you still have to measure the size of paper you need, figure out where to punch, figure out where to score, I figure that all takes at LEAST 3-4 minutes. I can go from full sized sheet of paper to done in under two. That includes finding the size I need, cutting my paper down, punching and scoring, rounding the corners and applying adhesive. No way you can do that any other way as fast for so many sizes. The envelope board is sheer genius!

It does have a little quirk which is that you should set the little pointer to the right edge of the first and subsequent score lines, not in the middle of it which is my instinct. Other than that, it's awesome!

IMHO the measurements being wrong was a big deal and a HUGE oversight but one they speedily corrected for no charge to their customers. And the device itself was not flawed in any way. And other companies, SU! included have had their share of crappy or flawed products and have not responded to customer complaints as quickly or gracefully.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!