View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #29
StampinGoodDeeds
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Default My weekend distraction

Here is what I made this weekend as a calming distraction.
It's a paper mâché box , about 12" high and the roof comes off so I can store items inside too. Had fun making it.

I mod podged the papers on it all, then created a door from cardboard covered in the papers, hinged with Tim Holtz hinges, added the hanging birdcage charm and a rhinestone brad door handle, canvas mesh fencing all around with canvas flowers for embellishing, clear plastic packaging for 'glass' in the windows and lace to hang inside as curtains. I also lined the back wall inside with a bright paper though you can't tell from this. DH recommended putting lights inside but I'm not sure if I want to do that or use it as a container. I am thinking about adding scrabble tiles for the sidewalk too and more items as I go, but since I have limited supplies right now til our house is completed in September and we move in, this is where I am at so far.

But I thought I'd share as an inspiration for this swap too. The paper mache house was only $5.99 at Hobby Lobby and was half price this week!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 07-22-2013 at 07:37 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!