View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
StampinGoodDeeds
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Default DONE! 3D Decor Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Jabauer hosted a wonderful Birdhouse SS Swap and it inspired me to think it would be fun for other types of 3D Decor items too.

The goal is to have fun and create something special for your SS. Its a challenge that way, however, if there are types you just feel you wouldn't be able to create, don't let it stop you from joining -- PM me about what you don't think you can make, and I'll try to accomodate matching up folks where they are comfortable. For example, if you just don't have anything to be able to create a Steampunk item, let me know. Though most SS's list a few styles and types of things they would love to receive too!

Here's the Details:

1 - Join by posting in this thread and posting your answers to the survey (next post) questions AND PMing me your mailing address.

2 - On Aug. 1st, I will assign names in pairs (you send to each other).

3 - You create a 3D Decor item based upon your SS's responses to the survey.

4 - You must mail the item so she receives it no later than 9/30/13. You must provide proof of mailing it by 9/28/13 here on this thread, i.e. post a Tracking #. Those who don't post that information by that date will be considered a flaker. As this is a Secret Sister Swap, SCS Rules are that any flakers will be kicked off of SCS. Don't join if you can't commit. I recommend working on the project right away and mailing early so as to avoid any problems or last minute issues.

5 - Be sure to post regularly in this thread, at least once a week please so as to check in and let us know you are still participating. There may be additional questions posted too to help everyone get to know each other and help sisters create their gift.

6 - There is not a dollar limit on the item you create, but it should be at least 6" in size, must be 3D, should have embellishments of some sort to it, made with quality to last and custom crafted based upon the survey your SS posts. Could be a set or kit of items based upon their posts also, i.e. a Fairy Garden (so many altered/crafted minis to make a scene at least 6" total) or a set of 3 small birdhouses altered that lined up are at least 6" total, etc...

7 - As this is a Papercrafting site -- You must also include a handmade card or tag with the item for your SS, telling her a little about why/how you made what you made for her.

8 - You must post a Thank You here to your SS also so we know it was received. Pics would be great to share if you can also!

Some ideas to inspire you:
Wall Decor Items
Bird Houses or Cages
Mini Trees Decorated by Theme
Seasonal or Holiday Decor
Mini-Quilts, Pillows
Small Dolls/Stuffed Decor
Decorated Baskets
Paper-Mache Boxes
Decorated Cigar/Wooden Boxes/Tins

Who wants a little 3D Decor???
1. StampinGoodDeeds #4 - sends to 2BusyScrappin, recd
2. Monicas Silcott #13 - sends to Ellesart, RECD
3. Ellesart #6 - sends to Monicas Silcott, RECD
4. Jabauer #18 - sends to Amtutton, recd
5. Amtutton #23 - sends to Jabauer, recd
6. Smokiesgal #12 - Sends to StampinGoodDeeds - RECD FROM 1
7. 2BusyScrappin - Canada #173 - sends to StampinGoodDeeds - RECD FROM 8
8. StampinGoodDeeds #4 - sends to Smokiesgal - RECD

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 10-05-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!