View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #11
Angelnorth
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTracy View Post
Does anyone send hand-made post cards?
Yes, I do! I take part in a regular swap on a UK forum I'm part of and a condition of the swap is that our postcards are sent as true PCs (ie with no envelope). We've been doing it for a couple of years and there are typically 10-15 of us taking part each month so that's a lot of postcards! We've only had a couple of problems in all that time, one was some die cut lettering that dropped off (may well have been that the maker didn't stick it down well enough) and one dirty mark on the front of the card that looked like it came from a franking machine. That's a pretty good track record, I think.

I usually go completely flat these days, (just stamps and ink) but the first postcard swap I took part in, I actually used lace and sequins on there and it made it through with no problems. I made sure everything was stuck and stitched firmly in place and crossed my fingers! I've also clustered gems on a PC using lots of Glossy Accents to embed them and again, they made it through absolutely intact - hooray!

If I've used inks that are likely to react to water (since our British weather is reliable only in the sense that your chances of getting caught in rain are high!) I do give the card a quick spritz with something like Krylon matt spray sealant.

If anyone's interested, everything with a postcard label is here on my blog - might give you some ideas about what's possible!

My blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!