View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
Britbook70
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been selling a lot of stuff on ebay this year due to a craft room downsize and can tell you that, while some of the auctions may be rigged, some of the crazy prices that things sell for are definitely real.

Back in January I had someone pay over $110 for the I {heart} hearts clear mount set - I think I started the listing at $5 and was astonished that someone would want it that badly. I thought that was crazy but not a month later I had someone pay over $70 for a single stamp - Baby Steps I think it was called. Tonight, someone paid $158 for a Hello Kitty Sizzix die - with 8 minutes to go it was selling for $45 and then there was a bidding frenzy between 2 people. None of these auctions were rigged by me - just people paying crazy money for something they really want. I've noticed that the bidders seemed to have really high ebay ratings which makes me wonder if they know they can sell it on for even more money.

The majority of things I list sell for less than I originally paid for them, which is what I expect. I have no idea what drives people to pay such outrageous amounts of money for a stamp, a punch etc. but it does happen.

My stamping blog -The Inky Thistle
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - My Website
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!