View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #220
muscrat
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetJ View Post
We have Cox Cable TV (expanded Basic) and I use Cox for my email. It cost more to get the channels like HBO, Showtime, and other channels like those. But if we didn't have Expanded Basic we couldn't get Weather channel, History Channel and some other channels we watch.
My DH thought about DISH (since it would be cheaper) but then he found out that a station we watch quite often would NOT be gotten on DISH (the channel is USA) - we found this out while we were out of town & stayed in a motel that used DISH.
I'm talking about satellite radio in his truck, not cable. But speaking of cable, we have a great cable channel line up...Better than most with the same company because we originally had a small cable company and then they were bought out. I guess they had to honor the original franchise so we get channels that you would have to have the top tier to get (DH loves the Outdoor Channel). And we pay less than anyone who is getting new hookups. That's why I won't make any changes. I'm afraid that would void the original contract and then we would be hit with the higher costs. I pay $53.30 a month for whole house hookup to our cable. I love it, but miss the smaller company. I got to talk to a real person back then!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!