View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #690
Carol W
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I agree. This gadget is really convenient for making envelopes because it is an all-in-one tool. After you get your paper cut into the right size squares, it is amazingly fast to make envelopes. The punch that cuts out the indentations, and the corner rounder work really well and save time and hassle over using a corner rounder and using scissors to cut the notches out.

For the regulation size A 2 envelopes to fit the cards that a lot of us make, it only requires changing the scoring measurement from 3-3/4" to 3-1/2". That is a personal preference on my part, to make the envelope a little smaller. And like muscrat says, many folks don't mind the envelope being a little roomy to allow for embellishments.

In my opinion, the overall convenience and ease of use easily makes up for any "tweeking" of the measurements.
Mine finally arrived! I agree, it's a LOT of fun to churn out envelopes.

I tried the tweak that Bugga recommends, and tweaked it even a tiny bit further for an A2 envelope. I use the listed size square of paper (8 1/8 inch) and line it up halfway between the 3 1/2 and 3 5/8 marks. And of course, I only have to do this lining-up once, since I use the turquoise guide thereafter for the other 3 sides. I really like the result this gives me. I held it up to a purchased A2 envelope and the difference is extremely small, in my opinion.

Excess paper stash, look out!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!