Thread: CM alternative
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
flash&rusty
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by made by mimi View Post
A close friend of mine is a CM consultant. I just got an email last week saying the album coversets, pages, and page protectors "as we know them" will not be continued. What! Those are the very reasons I purchase CM. I can get all my other supplies from a variety of sources, but I really like their albums. I am hoping that they come up with something comparable, or I may be forced to look elsewhere.

"Mimi" Teresa
I am wondering if they are going to go with a ring binder style instead - I believe that they are the only company that now offer the strap hinge style. I too have been using CM for almost 20 years, and although I have ventured out beyond them for my paper, embellishments, and adhesives, I have stayed true to their product for my albums and pages. I did however move away from the traditional albums to the 12X12 picfolio albums with the 12X12 pages - it gives me the flexibility of scrapping directly onto a 12X12 piece of card stock or patterned paper then dropping that into the sleeve. Easier to move pages around if necessary, less bulk, but all the quality of CM and their albums.

I noticed that they still have the Picfolio for sale in the size I want, but no longer have the pages available. I have enough albums in stock for 2013 and 2014, but after that I am out of luck.

One of the things that for me always set apart the CM albums from the D ring and other ring binder styles was the spine - the CM one just looks so much more finished and elegant to me - looks much nicer on my shelf.

I do hope that somehow CM will survive, even in a much more pared down version, but since this is the 2nd bankruptcy in a very short period of time, am not too confident that they will be able to bounce back a second time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!