View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #7682
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
I didn't say I'm an old lady either, but I have to be aware of my limitations.

BFF's brother is moving in to a place in the area (from Tucson!), and asked her to help. I'm thinking if anyone asked me to help them move tomorrow, during a heat advisory, when it'll be 98, I'd have said no can do.
I'm with you on the limitations. I wheeze more as my asthma's gotten worse and I can't stay up for 2 straight days any more. Also my back and knees don't like me as much as they did in my 20s.

I remember when I took cousin's daughter to Maine and we hiked Acadia Mountain. She went up like a mountain goat. I wheezed and huffed behind her. She asked me why I was still hiking when it was so hard for me. I said 'I'll tell you when we get to the top,' at which point, of course, I didn't need to say a word.

I think that's my attitude as well, Wrose--I've found that by accepting that things won't come as easily and by taking care of myself and taking my time a bit more, I know I have a much better chance of staying out there and continuing to do what I love as long as possible. A certain amount of resignation and frustration there, but also a lot of acceptance, joy, and very much wanting to keep going as long as I can--even if it takes a bit longer now. And I think a bit more gratitude about still being out there!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!