View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #683
Grumpygirl73
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I don't think you will find them in the stores for a while yet. It seems unfair that they put most out for sale online and some of us don't shop online, but I got lucky and had a friend order one for me. I just looked at Michaels on Wednesday and they didn't have them, but I will keep checking whenever I get up that way.
I wonder if that's why my local Craft Warehouse (PNW regional craft store chain) isn't seeing them fly off the shelves - maybe a lot of people in the area that would be interested is under the assumption that stores aren't carrying them until the fall. Considering all the stories I heard here and elsewhere about people still not being able to get one, I was pretty surprised when I saw (a lot of) them last week where I shop. Come to think of it, they often have a lot of the "hot sellers" of many different craft types in stock when online merchants are sold out. I think people around here see it as a generic, "big box" craft store because it looks like one and is large. (We have a lot of people around here against "big box stores".) If you shop there, however, you find that their stuff is much nicer than that. It's clear to me that whoever makes the buying decisions for each department actually pursues the craft in question. It makes a huge difference.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!