View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #669
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
Don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but I thought I'd share. (A2 size)

After using my new envelope punch board, I went to the P.O. to mail a few things, including the card sportin' my envie.

I didn't know whether to laugh or be annoyed when they tried to charge me extra for that envelope (contents were flat). When I asked why the upcharge, the employee told me that "square envelopes cost extra." (that I knew already). I pointed out that it really isn't square, just close; she measured to her satisfaction, harumphed, and charged me regular, first-class postage.

So, guess the moral of the story is that, if you're making A2 size envies, be sure the P.O. knows they are NOT exactly square, and to charge accordingly.
Thanks for the warning/moral. I laughed reading your post. Sometimes folks take their job responsibilities waaay too seriously, I think. I guess it makes them feel powerful.

We've probably all had the checker at the grocery store that holds up the line with people waiting, scrutinizes the fine print on a 25 cent coupon, gives you a look like you are a criminal, and points out that it expired yesterday.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!