Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why does my Archiver's put full price items in the 1.99 spot?

This is now the 2nd time this has happened to me. I looked around the store, came across a free standing display that had clearly labeled 1.99 Spot on one side, 1.99 Spot on the other, 9.99 on the end cap, and 3.99 Spot on the other end cap. So there were 12x12 paper packs in the 1.99 section. I thought that this was too good to be true! So I snagged a few and had them check the price at the register. What do you know, 19.99, 14.99, etc. I ask why they are in the 1.99 spot when they aren't really 1.99 and the cashier just gives me this funny look and says they are all full price and if they are on the top or the bottom of the display then they are where they belong. If I see a big red sign that says 1.99 in the middle of the display, I assume everything is that price. They have no business putting full price items in the same exact spot where there are the 1.99 items, right? Does anyone think this is strange that they would do this? As a consumer I find this very confusing! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like "bait and switch".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevitaView Post
Sounds like "bait and switch".
Exactly. And believe it or not, there are people who would check out, find that the price was $14.99, and not $1.99 - and be too embarrassed to say anything and just buy it anyway!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

If the store is putting full-price items in the same display unit as sale-price items, that's wrong, shame on them, and I hope you complain loud and clear to anyone in your town who might be even remotely interested. Customers often move merchandise around, and they do it so extensively that it's nearly impossible to straighten it all up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

The entire fixture is called the Value Spot. All items that are marked in Archivers system as "Value" go on that fixture. The price of the value items start at $1.99 and not all items will be $1.99. the 6x6 paper pads are $3.99 and the 12x12 paper pads/packs/kits start at $5.99 and upwards from there. Your Archivers store was not wrong in hanging the $14.99 paper pack with the other items that are $1.99 because the entire fixture is for "Value" priced items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I don't consider $19.99 to be value priced. Each side of the kiosk/display had a sign on it, the highest one was for $9.99. There is no way those items were misplaced by another customer as there were multiple of the same item in the location where I picked them up. I agree that it does seem like a bait and switch type of thing. They really do not have any business putting items like that in the value spot location. It is misleading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Take a picture next time and ask your state Attorney General's office to look into it. There are very clear rules about how merchandise can be displayed in these scenarios. If you don't want to go that far just ask to speak to the manager and say you find the display misleading and will take your business elsewhere. As Archiver's have actually had to shut down stores they should take it seriously.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommie2quadsView Post
The entire fixture is called the Value Spot. All items that are marked in Archivers system as "Value" go on that fixture. The price of the value items start at $1.99 and not all items will be $1.99. the 6x6 paper pads are $3.99 and the 12x12 paper pads/packs/kits start at $5.99 and upwards from there. Your Archivers store was not wrong in hanging the $14.99 paper pack with the other items that are $1.99 because the entire fixture is for "Value" priced items.
In that case I think all the signs should read: Value spot $1.99 - $19.99
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #9  
PAPER SCAPER

Our Archiver's hasn't had a 1.99 spot for a couple years or more, they mix it in with the other inventory around the store or at check out, I wondered if each store did the same. I would never figure an item once priced for 10.00 or higher would ever be marked down to 1.99, that's just to good to be true. I miss there value spot, used to get some good deals there but it too has been gone for about the same time as the 1.99 spot.
Reply With Quote Likes