Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom
Default anybody order from Oh My Crafts?

Hi
I put in an order for one of Oh My Crafts "events sales" on April 22nd.
The items were supposed to ship in May.
As of today, the status is still "processing" on the website.
I have emailed the company a few times.
I really want the items I ordered, so I rather not cancel the order. The customer service rep gave me the option of cancelling the order.
Paypal has a time limit in which you can file a complaint (I think I have exceeded the time frame) so that too is of concern to me.
Has anyone had a good/bad experience with this company?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered from Oh My Crafts before. I received most of my order. I received a store credit for the remainder. It took awhile to get my order. I haven't ordered from them since that order

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

I do order from them frequently. If there is anything I want right away, I order it separately. Lots of times the clearance items cause the rest of the order to be held up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Ive never ordered from them and I won't. I watched 2 random YouTube videos recently and oddly each person complained about OMC. They each said pretty much the same thing, that they ordered something back in February and they just got it!!! Im sorry but that is INSANE!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

I used to order from them semi-frequently. No problems. Until ... I placed an order for 'pre order' items last September. When they hadn't shipped by late Nov. I cancelled the order & requested a refund. "Not possible ..... ". I (foolishly?) placed an order with them recently (in order to use the Store Credit I was given in lieu of a refund). THIS order is taking "forever". Not happy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #6  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I ordered from them once years ago and did not have a good experience so I did not order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I've ordered from them twice and both orders took a very long time to get to me. When I browse their website, almost all the items I want are "out of stock" so I don't order from them anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #8  

I don't think I will ever order from them again. It is ridiculous to promise May shipping and it is the middle of June & no progress. I ordered an embossing folder that I couldn't find anywhere else. Live and learn.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I've always had good experiences with them and they used to ship to Canada fairly quickly and reasonably. I ordered from them several times over a two year period. However, it has been over a year since I've ordered. Sorry to hear others have been having bad experiences.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
I ordered from them once years ago and did not have a good experience so I did not order from them again.
This happened to me a couple of years ago, so I just don't use them anymore. After two or three orders with slow service, I gave up.

Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Location: I live in North Texas, but my heart remains in New Mexico.

I've ordered from them several times, not a single problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #12  

I sent them an email cancelling the order & requesting a refund. I also emailed paypal. I found the embossing folder elsewhere and would rather pay more & receive it in a timely manner. Let's see if they issue the refund.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just to comment, that sometimes when web sites show order status as "Processing" for a long time, it may be a clue that they are using a third-party supplier to fulfill your order. That's often a telltale sign that the backend systems are not linked / "talking to each other".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #14  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have only ordered once from them. It took awhile for my order to arrive, but it did finally and all was well.

But what has turned me off of them is their constant emails, and marketing ploys. I even sent a complaint regarding everything on sale being out of stock, and the day after the sale has ended, magically re-stocked. They answered, but it was a very dodgy.

So I've just stayed away from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ordered from them on several occasions and was satisfied.

I DO NOT recommend you pre-order anything!!! I think they oversell a pre-order item so you wait and wait and wait because even when it comes, in, just to deliver the pre-orders, you wait some more. Like the OP said, they bombard you with emails so, if you are like me, you decide you 'Need' the pre-order item so you order. I am still waiting for my Tim Holtz markers and my Cutterpillar V3. They do keep you informed but each time the delivery date gets bumped further into the future. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

I used to place orders with them quite some time ago and never had an issue. Then there was some huge sizzix clearance in December and I ordered a bunch of stuff. Half the order finally came months later and the rest of it never came at all. I was really irritated, repeated attempts to get ahold of their customer (no) service went ignored by them. I don't think I'll ever be ordering from them again. I even tried to unsubscribe from their emails but I still get them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, dear... I placed an order on June 3rd with these people and it has been "processing" since June 6th. Since I am moving to Canada soon, my timeline is very tight. I never would have ordered from them had I known about this. I found a couple of videos on YouTube yesterday made by women who have had the same experiences.

I can definitely see how frustrated people are about their "Pre-Order" practices, but what really disturbs me is that all of the things I ordered from them showed as "In Stock". I did not wish to pre-order or deal with back order because I am moving - and that is what I thought I did, more the fool me. One of the women on YouTube has a theory that they actually do pre-orders for a lot of the items they sell that they portray as being actual stock on hand. She thinks that, for example, they don't order a particular die from the manufacturer or distributor until they get enough people buying it so that they can get the amazing low price they are promising. She believes out of stock cancellations happen when they can't get enough people to purchase the item in question. If that is indeed what they are doing and they were 100% upfront about it, I would have no problem with it. But that isn't what they are doing. They are listing something as being in stock, yet it takes months for them to ship - and that doesn't always happen. I'm also dismayed by these stories of company employees engaging in attacks on the customers when they have the temerity to complain about the deception and lack of communication. Honestly, I have had far better dealings with clueless, first-time eBay sellers!

I paid via PayPal and I have marked my calendar for the 30 and 45 day deadlines so that I can dispute if I need to. The dies I purchased listed that they would "ship in June", so I will wait until July 1 to contact them. I intend to give 24 hours response time for the first message, then another 24 if I have to send a second one. After that, I'll dispute with PayPal. I also took screenshots of my account in case things somehow "change". The items clearly state when they are supposed to ship.

I am also prepared to write to Sizzix. (All the dies I bought were theirs.) These people portray themselves as a "Sizzix Authorized Dealer". My customer service experiences with Sizzix have been nothing but A+ and I find it hard to believe that they are aware of one of their Authorized Dealers engages in such business practices and poor customer service. In my opinion, it reflects poorly upon their company as well as the other companies whose merchandise Oh My Crafts stocks on their website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Received 445 Likes on 301 Posts

Hi Fran!
I am also having a bad experience with this company.

In mid May I placed an order for the Genius Platform System. My account was charged promptly. My order still says "Processing".

I attempted to call "Customer Service" and was only able to access a recording telling me to check the shipping update tab on my order. I tried 3 different browsers and the tab did not do anything. So my only option was to send an email.

1-2 days later I rec'd this reply:
thanks for your email, we apologize for the delay associated with the Lifestyle Crafts : GENIUS ULTIMATE PLATFORM SYSTEM. Your order is currently in it's final stages of processing, preparing for packaging and shipment. You will receive an email confirmation once the order has been shipped Please let us know how we may be of further assistance.
That was June 10th. Today is the 21st. No email confirmation of shipment, o further communication. Live & learn. I also wish that I could stop their daily barrage of emails.
:twisted:

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #19  

I too was worried about the Paypal deadlines. My Paypal account has been credited a few days after I requested the refund from Oh My Crafts. I will never do business with them again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #20  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpygirl73View Post
Oh, dear... I placed an order on June 3rd with these people and it has been "processing" since June 6th. Since I am moving to Canada soon, my timeline is very tight. I never would have ordered from them had I known about this. I found a couple of videos on YouTube yesterday made by women who have had the same experiences.

I can definitely see how frustrated people are about their "Pre-Order" practices, but what really disturbs me is that all of the things I ordered from them showed as "In Stock". I did not wish to pre-order or deal with back order because I am moving - and that is what I thought I did, more the fool me. One of the women on YouTube has a theory that they actually do pre-orders for a lot of the items they sell that they portray as being actual stock on hand. She thinks that, for example, they don't order a particular die from the manufacturer or distributor until they get enough people buying it so that they can get the amazing low price they are promising. She believes out of stock cancellations happen when they can't get enough people to purchase the item in question. If that is indeed what they are doing and they were 100% upfront about it, I would have no problem with it. But that isn't what they are doing. They are listing something as being in stock, yet it takes months for them to ship - and that doesn't always happen. I'm also dismayed by these stories of company employees engaging in attacks on the customers when they have the temerity to complain about the deception and lack of communication. Honestly, I have had far better dealings with clueless, first-time eBay sellers!

I paid via PayPal and I have marked my calendar for the 30 and 45 day deadlines so that I can dispute if I need to. The dies I purchased listed that they would "ship in June", so I will wait until July 1 to contact them. I intend to give 24 hours response time for the first message, then another 24 if I have to send a second one. After that, I'll dispute with PayPal. I also took screenshots of my account in case things somehow "change". The items clearly state when they are supposed to ship.

I am also prepared to write to Sizzix. (All the dies I bought were theirs.) These people portray themselves as a "Sizzix Authorized Dealer". My customer service experiences with Sizzix have been nothing but A+ and I find it hard to believe that they are aware of one of their Authorized Dealers engages in such business practices and poor customer service. In my opinion, it reflects poorly upon their company as well as the other companies whose merchandise Oh My Crafts stocks on their website.
I wouldn't expect them to ship to you in time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsmomView Post
I wouldn't expect them to ship to you in time.
I don't think they will, either, but I feel I should wait until July 1 for the sake of any PayPal dispute. The items did state that they will "ship in June". I do have about 15 days in the 45 day PayPal window if I follow my planned timeline. That should give me adequate time with Paypal, and you never know, I could win the lottery here and they actually ship me what I ordered in the next couple of weeks. Not that I'm holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Hope you've received your products by now. Sorry you have to deal with this when you really want your crafty stuff! I will NEVER order from them again, no matter how good the deal is. Pretty much the same scenario as what's been described above. You'd think they'd see these message boards and fix their issues. Guess customer service is not a priority with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftjunkiescView Post
Hope you've received your products by now. Sorry you have to deal with this when you really want your crafty stuff! I will NEVER order from them again, no matter how good the deal is. Pretty much the same scenario as what's been described above. You'd think they'd see these message boards and fix their issues. Guess customer service is not a priority with them.
I cancelled the order with Oh My Crafts.
I ordered from Scrapbook.com and the items arrived in 3 days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I am sure it will come as no surprise to anyone that I just initiated a Paypal dispute 2 days before my 45 day limit was up. I got the same typical runaround emails from those people that the rest of you have. I'm not going to patiently wait for them to issue me a full refund - I just went straight to dispute mode. I'm moving in a few weeks, and don't have time for that, and I don't want any nonsense with partial refunds that some people have gotten. If it were any other company, I would be nicer first, but given their history, I don't think that is wise.

The emails were hilarious, by the way. In all the years they have been making excuses for their poor business practices, you'd think they'd come up with a better act by now. There's nothing worse than a boring liar. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #25  

Quote:

I am sure it will come as no surprise to anyone that I just initiated a Paypal dispute 2 days before my 45 day limit was up. I got the same typical runaround emails from those people that the rest of you have. I'm not going to patiently wait for them to issue me a full refund - I just went straight to dispute mode. I'm moving in a few weeks, and don't have time for that, and I don't want any nonsense with partial refunds that some people have gotten. If it were any other company, I would be nicer first, but given their history, I don't think that is wise.

The emails were hilarious, by the way. In all the years they have been making excuses for their poor business practices, you'd think they'd come up with a better act by now. There's nothing worse than a boring liar. :rolleyes:
Yes, that was my concern too, that I would lose the ability to file a Paypal dispute. OMC did refund my money when I asked.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have never ordered from them and never will. I have seen way too many complaints about them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #27  
Glitter Queen

Default Oh My Crap!

Quote:

Have you written to Sizzix? I am fed up with OMC and think other crafters and manufacturers should be aware of what is going on with that place. I've considered contacting the Better Business Bureau in their state, but I don't know if that's even the right place to go with an internet complaint.

What bothers me most is when they send a form e-mail letting me know that they've canceled an item I ordered (usually part of a bigger order) while the item is still available for sale on their site -- only now it is more expensive than what I originally paid. Is that even legal? What is the point of their advertising 70% off Sizzix when it's only a 50% chance (or less) that you will actually receive the item you order for the price they advertised?

Once I get the remainder of my outstanding orders settled (probably with a refund foregoing their $5 bonus credit -- and those refunds don't always take into account shipping costs, I've noticed), I will be totally done with them. Deleted from my bookmarks, blocked in my e-mail.

Hopefully forums like this will help others avoid getting sucked in like I did by their AMAZING, WONDERFUL, SUPER, SPECTACULAR (yet IMAGINARY) Sizzix sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

As soon as the refund hits my account, I'm writing Sizzix. Oh, and look at the screen shot I attached. See what it says along the top of the browser? :rolleyes: I also wrote Yelp. If you look at OMC's rating page , you will notice 13 hidden reviews!. Yelp has this automatic filtering system that obscures reviews that seem too fantastical to be believed. Basically, peoples' experiences with OMC have been so bad, Yelp's software doesn't believe it could be true! :confused: I wrote to Yelp and asked them what it would take to not have my review obscured like that, because it's going to really be that bad. If any of you reading this has done a Yelp review on OMC, you should check out their page. Only one review is being shown. Grr.

BTW, they sent me this snippy message through the Paypal system that "CUSTOMER NEEDS TO CONTACT MERCHANT DIRECTLY FOR REFUND!!!". As if I hadn't. :rolleyes: So I sent yet another email to them directly requesting a refund. But I am most certainly not naive enough to close my dispute until that refund hits my account in full . No way.

You know, I'm kind of a typical female in that I don't really like being rude, I don't like to "offend" anyone or speak (or type) harshly to people. It actually makes me feel somewhat sick to my stomach. But as my housemate has been repeating to me over and over, "these people are known slimeballs". She's right, of course; their behavior is nothing if not slimy, deceptive, and unprofessional. My DH has been bolstering my resolve, too. I swear, if he were in the same town as them... well, it's just good he isn't ;) He's a very calm, polite, soft-spoken man, but he can speak politely in a certain soft tone, and people get very nervous. Every night we talk on the phone, he asks for an update and gives me a pep talk. (and that's been good for me)

At any rate, I'll probably keep this thread updated - more for my mental health than anything else at this stage. ;)
Attached Thumbnails
anybody order from Oh My Crafts?-screen-shot-2013-07-17-5.39.39-pm.jpg  

Last edited by Grumpygirl73; 07-17-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #29  
Glitter Queen

Can't help but wonder ... will my outstanding order EVER be filled? What do you think?
Also, if anyone can advise how I go about complaining to a Govt. Dept. (is it even worth it, as I'm not living in the U.S.?)
:confused: :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #30  
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooshaView Post
Can't help but wonder ... will my outstanding order EVER be filled? What do you think?
Also, if anyone can advise how I go about complaining to a Govt. Dept. (is it even worth it, as I'm not living in the U.S.?)
Did you use a credit card to pay for your order? If so, you could see whether you have any recourse from that angle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grumpygirl, you actually can read the hidden reviews. Just click on the link and fill out the captcha. Then it shows them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #32  

Quote:

You can try the Better Business Bureau but if you get your money back it may not be worth your time & effort to pursue them if you are not in the States

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #33  
Glitter Queen

Grumpygirl73 -- You rock! Do you know the proper e-mail address at Sizzix for a complaint like this? I looked around their site earlier today and got a little confused (possibly because I was still fuming mad at OMC).

Before Christmas, when their website still had a telephone number listed, I managed to speak to someone and get an item un-canceled and sent to me (the Sizzix Movers & Shapers ornaments die). As if that weren't miracle enough, I actually kept the phone number:

Oh My Crafts Customer Care (as of this December 2012)
801-785-9091

I've tried it a few times in the past week or two and gotten "we are closed -- e-mail us" messages, but those calls were late in the day. I intend to keep trying to speak to a person in hopes that I will get lucky again and happen upon someone who is willing to help me the way the previous customer care provider did. (I don't want to mention her name in fear that she might get in trouble for doing the right thing. What a world, huh?)

And I'm glad you have people at home in your corner -- that "typical girl" thing is what I call "being a decent person." I think that if people remember that it is a person on the other end of the phone or e-mail, a lot of problems would disappear. Unfortunately, the people in charge at OMC seem to have forgotten that there's a real, live human being on the other end of that invoice.

But please, please, don't ever let that desire not to "make trouble" (my own personal dread) stop you from getting tough when needed. For every person who complains, there are probably at least a dozen out there who are too afraid to say anything, or don't know how to register a complaint. And I think people like you and the people at SCS who launched these forums are doing a great service to others. I've gotten a lot of help just from reading posts like the ones on this thread.

Sorry if I'm babbley and gushy -- it's late and I am so very relieved to see that I'm not the only one thinking "This is NOT okay!" about OMC's business practices. I am glad that you're going to keep us updated; it gives me courage to speak up, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie's LuckView Post
Grumpygirl73 -- You rock! Do you know the proper e-mail address at Sizzix for a complaint like this? I looked around their site earlier today and got a little confused (possibly because I was still fuming mad at OMC)...
Well, I was going to just email it to Sizzix Customer Service and ask them to pass it along to whoever manages wholesale accounts. I have bought dies in the past from a woman that sells out of her home on eBay and she was kind enough to explain that she (and most stores that sell Sizzix dies) just have a Sizzix/Ellison wholesale account. I suspect that's what OMC has. I also suspect that Sizzix is not aware of what they have been doing and would probably not approve of what is essentially pre-orders that are not being advertised as such.

Now the woman on eBay that I've bought dies from is slow, but she tells you that ahead of time. It's just her in a spare room in her house. She will also tell you if she has an item in stock or if she will have to special order it from Sizzix. She doesn't try to conceal anything, she doesn't lie, and she doesn't make excuses. What I get out of it is a much lower retail markup than most retail establishments and she also likes to acquire stock of discontinued dies, which I suspect Sizzix sells to her for less because they want to get rid of them. I've gotten some really nice, older florals and Christmas dies from her that I could not find anywhere else. I can't order from her right now because I am moving and I know she's slow. It's all good. I've taken notice of the way she does business - she's a small time operator and she's created a bit of a niche for herself. And when I do finally get my package - it's so sweet. It's wrapped, it's lovely, well-packed, and she always includes a little card and gift. She's smart.

I think the problem with OMC is that they are trying to act like a larger business, but in order to actually function like a larger business, you either need a line of credit to place your wholesale orders, then pay it back as you make your retail sales (not what I would want to do) or you have cash reserves and you pay for your wholesale orders and pay back your cash account as you would a creditor. It's clear to me that OMC has neither. I am willing to bet that OMC collects enough money to make a wholesale order (of what they are untruthfully stating is already in stock), then places the order, then has to wait for it, then has to unpack, fill the orders and mail them all out. They quote a price based on what they hope they would sell. That would explain all the partial shipments and partial refunds. It would explain why they are so quick to charge your card and why you have to practically pry open their fist to get a refund when they never sent you the product. I don't know all of this for certain and I don't want to come across as some super experienced retail businessperson, but I do know a bit about retail sales in the bicycle industry (another niche hobby), and that's what my gut is telling me is going on. Honestly, I would not want to be whoever owns that business. They must be super stressed out all the time. I know I would if I had to maintain such deception. I also suspect the stress is part of why they are so quick to lash out when you do finally communicate with someone there. Nevertheless, that's not my problem. I just want a full refund. It's my money and they have not provided me with what I purchased from them when they said they would.

I think my problem is that I am an introvert by nature, and it's always really painful to have to be this aggressive. I have no desire to speak to these people on the phone, and I don't think it will do any good. I'll use Paypal - that's why I paid via them in the first place.

Quote:

Goosha, if you paid with Paypal, has it been 45 days? If it has not, file a dispute ASAP. Do not close the dispute until the money has reached you - in full. If it has, did you pay with a credit card that will do a "charge-back" for you? If neither, I'm not sure what to tell you. Part of why I tried ordering from them was to see if I could trust them when I move to Canada. Obviously I cannot. :( I also think it would be good for Sizzix to know that they are also being dishonest with international customers. Sizzix will not sell in other countries (other than their UK subsidiary selling in the UK and EU), and retail choice is often far more limited, which results in international customers having to figure out which US retailers they can trust. Not a good situation.

You could try filing a complaint with the Utah Better Business Bureau. As you can see from their BBB complaint page , OMC doesn't seem to care much about their reputation with the BBB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #35  
Glitter Queen

I paid with Mastercard, unfortunately. When I requested a refund I was told that they could not do this as they did not have my full credit card no. I was unwilling to email that info to them (not that they asked for it). They offered me a credit no., which I used recently. Nothing was specified as pre order this time (once bitten, twice shy), but I got a notification that a couple of items were not in stock and the whole order would be shipped when those items arrive in store. Still waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting, etc. & so forth.
Therefore my question: If I wait long enough (???) do you think I will EVER receive my full order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

I wish I knew, Goosha. I don't trust them. From all the complaints about them online that I have read, I have noticed a pattern of them dragging things out past the point where someone could go to Paypal or their credit card company for recourse. Despicable.

Have you contacted Mastercard? Sometimes they will be willing to perform a "charge-back" from their end when a customer cannot get a refund from a merchant and they have not received what they paid for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #37  

Quote:

Well, I was going to just email it to Sizzix Customer Service and ask them to pass it along to whoever manages wholesale accounts. I have bought dies in the past from a woman that sells out of her home on eBay and she was kind enough to explain that she (and most stores that sell Sizzix dies) just have a Sizzix/Ellison wholesale account. I suspect that's what OMC has. I also suspect that Sizzix is not aware of what they have been doing and would probably not approve of what is essentially pre-orders that are not being advertised as such.

Now the woman on eBay that I've bought dies from is slow, but she tells you that ahead of time. It's just her in a spare room in her house. She will also tell you if she has an item in stock or if she will have to special order it from Sizzix. She doesn't try to conceal anything, she doesn't lie, and she doesn't make excuses. What I get out of it is a much lower retail markup than most retail establishments and she also likes to acquire stock of discontinued dies, which I suspect Sizzix sells to her for less because they want to get rid of them. I've gotten some really nice, older florals and Christmas dies from her that I could not find anywhere else. I can't order from her right now because I am moving and I know she's slow. It's all good. I've taken notice of the way she does business - she's a small time operator and she's created a bit of a niche for herself. And when I do finally get my package - it's so sweet. It's wrapped, it's lovely, well-packed, and she always includes a little card and gift. She's smart.

I think the problem with OMC is that they are trying to act like a larger business, but in order to actually function like a larger business, you either need a line of credit to place your wholesale orders, then pay it back as you make your retail sales (not what I would want to do) or you have cash reserves and you pay for your wholesale orders and pay back your cash account as you would a creditor. It's clear to me that OMC has neither. I am willing to bet that OMC collects enough money to make a wholesale order (of what they are untruthfully stating is already in stock), then places the order, then has to wait for it, then has to unpack, fill the orders and mail them all out. They quote a price based on what they hope they would sell. That would explain all the partial shipments and partial refunds. It would explain why they are so quick to charge your card and why you have to practically pry open their fist to get a refund when they never sent you the product. I don't know all of this for certain and I don't want to come across as some super experienced retail businessperson, but I do know a bit about retail sales in the bicycle industry (another niche hobby), and that's what my gut is telling me is going on. Honestly, I would not want to be whoever owns that business. They must be super stressed out all the time. I know I would if I had to maintain such deception. I also suspect the stress is part of why they are so quick to lash out when you do finally communicate with someone there. Nevertheless, that's not my problem. I just want a full refund. It's my money and they have not provided me with what I purchased from them when they said they would.

I think my problem is that I am an introvert by nature, and it's always really painful to have to be this aggressive. I have no desire to speak to these people on the phone, and I don't think it will do any good. I'll use Paypal - that's why I paid via them in the first place.

Goosha, if you paid with Paypal, has it been 45 days? If it has not, file a dispute ASAP. Do not close the dispute until the money has reached you - in full. If it has, did you pay with a credit card that will do a "charge-back" for you? If neither, I'm not sure what to tell you. Part of why I tried ordering from them was to see if I could trust them when I move to Canada. Obviously I cannot. :( I also think it would be good for Sizzix to know that they are also being dishonest with international customers. Sizzix will not sell in other countries (other than their UK subsidiary selling in the UK and EU), and retail choice is often far more limited, which results in international customers having to figure out which US retailers they can trust. Not a good situation.

You could try filing a complaint with the Utah Better Business Bureau. As you can see from their BBB complaint page , OMC doesn't seem to care much about their reputation with the BBB.

https://www.sizzix.com/contact If enough of us contact Sizzix maybe we can put an end to OMC's delay tactics.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Agreed, philsmom. That said, I do want to wait until my refund arrives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation Me too!

Wow! Misery loves company, they say. I suffered the same issues reported by you guys. I did not hesitate to contact PayPal and file a complaint, or open a case. PayPal refunds your money and then goes after the company. I have also emailed Sizzix and put a review on Yelp. Oh My Crafts should be called Oh My! Crooks! :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up Got the full refund!

Well, the refund hit my Paypal account this morning, yay! I don't believe for one minute that it would have been so (relatively) easy and prompt had I not opened the Paypal dispute. And boy, were they snippy about it. Oh, well. It's my money and I refuse to feel guilty about it. While polite is the way to go about 90% of the time, there is that 10% where it does nothing. <sigh>

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagetwinView Post
Wow! Misery loves company, they say. I suffered the same issues reported by you guys. I did not hesitate to contact PayPal and file a complaint, or open a case. PayPal refunds your money and then goes after the company. I have also emailed Sizzix and put a review on Yelp. Oh My Crafts should be called Oh My! Crooks! :mad:
Ok, spill. What did you say to Sizzix and did you get a reply?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Grumpygirl, you actually can read the hidden reviews. Just click on the link and fill out the captcha. Then it shows them all.
That is true. However, those filtered reviews don't count towards their overall rating. That annoys me deeply. :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes