Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often do you stamp?

Just curious. I need to set time aside to stamp. I haven't been doing much. Do you make certain time for stamping?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Usually I get good crafting time in when I'm home alone. I have no kids, but my husband and I both work full time with varying schedules. There usually is some point in the week where I have a few hours to myself. I also make some time in the evening here and there once all the dishes are done and whatnot.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.-Ephesians 4:32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what is going on each week. I have set a goal for myself of comepleting the weekday challenges every week for this year, and I have just barely managed to keep up with them thus far. But I have ended up many times (like today) of catching up from a week's worth of challenges and posting them all at once.
I usually try to set aside some time each day to try and work in my craft room. With the onset of warm weather, it's been a little harder to stay inside (hot and I'd rather be outside). I also use crafting as a goal to finish my daily chores so that I can do what I'd rather be doing than chores. I also attend a weekly card class, and that helps to spur me along too.

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not enough. My honest answer is when I need a card. I was doing well earlier in the year but that dropped off in April when I got overwhelmed. I want to start up again as my eldest has asked for cards to go back to university with him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say about 1 - 2 hours a week at most. About half of that time is spent staring at the paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I was trying to be more regular, following along with sketch challenges, try a new technique, etc. I don't plan on entering anything, I just need the push. But now school is out, summer and the outside are calling me. I most definitely stamp less during the summer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Usually at least once a week. I meet a friend every Friday and we make cards or scrapbook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't work anymore so I try to do as many of the challenges on here as possible. I like to stamp first thing in the morning if I can. So I get to stamp 3 to 5 times a week usually. I'm very lucky! Now I am also a reader so it depends on which one wins out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

I stamp when the spirit moves me LOL

Either when I need a card or just feel like doing it
If I go through periods where I stamp every day or don't stamp for several weeks I have no guilt . It is a hobby .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't beat yourself up about what you should be doing... as Barbara Jay said, it is a hobby (for me anyway, as well) and I stamp when I get the creative urge. Sometimes weeks will go by and I don't do any, then I will need something and often from that will spring another card or 2.

Then nothing again for awhile...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

If you enjoy it, make some time for it. But if setting aside that time turns it into "work" - forget it. My kids are out of the house and I get home from work about an hour before my husband gets home. I know I should be doing other things during that time - but a while ago (when my last one got married and I turned his bedroom into a craft room LOL) I decided that hour would be ME TIME. I make at least one card five days / week. I just love knowing that I can leave my number crunching job and go home to something creative. I've found that when you get creative with numbers at work - they tend to put you in jail. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I am single and work full time, so my craft room is my 'living room' in the evenings. Computer is there, and I search SCS for inspiration. I recently had shoulder surgery, so that limited my housekeeping - LOL, but I could still make cards. I got inspired to create for Operation Write Home, so I was making 2-3 cards every night and more on Saturdays. Just sent off 162 cards for servicemen to send home, and now I'm drained! Now I'm making 3-4 cards per week. I got some more inspiration by using any product in my stash that I have not used before. I would say "Go with the flow...of creativity" and enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I stamp every day. I love it. I also have no kids, pets, or plants. I also don't cook, and only clean for one hour per week besides laundry (quick) and dishes (5 to 10 minutes per washing). BUT, my stamping is slow and meandering - I get accomplished in an hour what a normal stamper would in probably ten minutes. I only work 48 hours per week, and the rest of the time is mine, but I spend a lot of that eating, sleeping, and on the internet. When I do stamp, I usually start a bunch of cards at a time - four or five. So each card takes me about a week to complete, but I complete all of them within moments of each other. This is 'cause most of my cards go to four nieces and nephews who are all siblings, so I can't just send one at a time - it has to be all four at once. If I need a card it jumps to the top of the list, and then I'll have five cards going at a time. I am so slow that I try to plan to take something to colour at work, at lunchtimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I find that I spend most of the time I use to use watching TV in my stamp room now. I have to admit, I am mostly on the internet reading posts, watching card videos, etc. But I have been making more cards now than before. I would say I am in my room at least an hour a day on my days off during the week. The weekend hours vary depending on my schedule.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Constantly! 24/7!! If I am not physically in my studio with ink on my fingers I am getting ideas on how to use a piece of recycling on a card or what would happen if I did this..... It never goes away! nor do I want it to! LOL ' Stamping forever...housework whenever!'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I try to get a little bit of time in every day, even if it's only 15 or 20 minutes. I feel like a much calmer mama if I'm able to have some creative time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldumont999View Post
....I just love knowing that I can leave my number crunching job and go home to something creative. I've found that when you get creative with numbers at work - they tend to put you in jail. LOL
Good strategy. I don't think very many jails have good craft rooms. LOL.
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I'd say about 1 - 2 hours a week at most. About half of that time is spent staring at the paper!
I like the time spent staring at the paper....i do that,too. Stamp less during the summer. Love the flowers, swimming and miss my stamps....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have not worked in 2.5 years. I spend a lot of time in my stamp room. My hubby travels for work so is gone Mon thru Fri. I prepare orders for shipping do some upkeep on my website and then off to the stamp room. Kids are all grown and gone too.
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I had just gotten into stamping about 3 yrs ago and even became a SU demo for a short time. Then my daughter got pregnant and asked me to crochet photo props. Before that, I had only crocheted a few baby blankets. So once I started crocheting baby things, I was "hooked" and even started my own FB page. The past 2 yrs I've spent most of my time building my business and have started designing patterns as well. Well, my daughter is pregnant again, so I've gotten the extra push to finish my grandson's scrapbook before the new baby is born. ;)

I've got to figure out some way of balancing my time between crocheting/knitting/scrapbooking/reading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69View Post
I had just gotten into stamping about 3 yrs ago and even became a SU demo for a short time. Then my daughter got pregnant and asked me to crochet photo props. Before that, I had only crocheted a few baby blankets. So once I started crocheting baby things, I was "hooked" and even started my own FB page. The past 2 yrs I've spent most of my time building my business and have started designing patterns as well. Well, my daughter is pregnant again, so I've gotten the extra push to finish my grandson's scrapbook before the new baby is born. ;)

I've got to figure out some way of balancing my time between crocheting/knitting/scrapbooking/reading.
I can relate. Sometimes I feel like that cowboy who got on his horse, and rode off in all directions.

I love my cardmaking, but I also love to crochet, and I also love to sew.

I have many grandchildren, lots of them granddaughters, so I sew for them quite a bit. I belong to a crochet forum, and someone is always posting a cute project that I want to make.

So....I try to do it all. This month I've made 6 birthday cards for June birthdays, sewed a reversible vest for a granddaughter's birthday, and I'm in process of crocheting a rag rug for my daughter, who just moved to a new house!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Not enough for all the stuff I have! Since I'm retired, I should be cranking them out like Hallmark!!! I spend more time here and on blogs, Pinterest, getting inspired, then looking at my "stuff". By then I'm exhausted and decide...."tomorrow's another day", unless I have to get a card done!

Too many ideas go through my head, my card wouldn't have enough room on it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I can relate. Sometimes I feel like that cowboy who got on his horse, and rode off in all directions.

I love my cardmaking, but I also love to crochet, and I also love to sew.

I have many grandchildren, lots of them granddaughters, so I sew for them quite a bit. I belong to a crochet forum, and someone is always posting a cute project that I want to make.

So....I try to do it all. This month I've made 6 birthday cards for June birthdays, sewed a reversible vest for a granddaughter's birthday, and I'm in process of crocheting a rag rug for my daughter, who just moved to a new house!
Oh how cool to meet another crocheter! My Facebook page is www.facebook.com/loopsoflove if you want to check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #24  
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamperDeaView Post
Good strategy. I don't think very many jails have good craft rooms. LOL.
Dea
For one thing, they wouldn't allow you to have any sharp tools.

Not that I'm speaking from experience...

:p

Back to the OP. In general, I'd say that I stamp (or do other artwork, like mixed media collage that often includes some stamping), a couple or more days per week. Or more accurately, nights. I'm a night owl. Some weeks I'm working on something every night, other weeks I do none at all. I don't force it, because I don't do my best work when I feel forced to make something. Once it starts to feel like work, the whole point of arting is lost for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I don't stamp like I use too. But this is going to Change. I need to get some stamping stuff done.

Most of the time I wait till I get together with friends to stamp.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldumont999View Post
If you enjoy it, make some time for it. But if setting aside that time turns it into "work" - forget it. My kids are out of the house and I get home from work about an hour before my husband gets home. I know I should be doing other things during that time - but a while ago (when my last one got married and I turned his bedroom into a craft room LOL) I decided that hour would be ME TIME. I make at least one card five days / week. I just love knowing that I can leave my number crunching job and go home to something creative. I've found that when you get creative with numbers at work - they tend to put you in jail. LOL
Louise.

I LOVE your sense of humor, too funny! I'm going to make an effort for the ME time that you speak of, nice idea!!!!

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

I stamp almost everyday...except when I am away at dog shows. I stamp before work in the morning ...about 5 am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

It has always only been when I need a card (6 yrs of card making). Lately I have been making about one a week. I have needed the r & r! That's about the extent of it ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #29  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,377 Likes on 512 Posts

I do not make time to stamp but because I am a SAHM I usually have time several times a week, sometimes even everyday. My girls are 12, 10, and 8 so I am not chasing them around all day anymore, plus they like to craft with me. They help me with all kinds of household stuff which makes chores more enjoyable and more efficient. After we take care of what must be done, we play! Sometimes that is stamping but I also make sure to do things they like to do so that it is a win-win for everyone! If the creative juices are really flowing and I don't want to stop, then I do a little less cleaning that week. I pick up the slack when a creative slump comes (I seem to operate on feast or famine when it comes to my creative flow).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I try to stamp (make a card) at least one day a week. I am very fortunate that I have two stamp buddies who come to my home one evening every week. It definitely helps to encourage me in my crafting. (and makes it more fun!)
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

I would love having friends to come over and stamp together. Sounds so fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #32  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I stamp whenever I feel like it. Sometimes that means I stamp for a couple of hours several days in a row, sometimes it means I don't stamp at all for days or even weeks.
It is supposed to be a hobby & supposed to be enjoyable. If I "made" myself stamp at a certain time or for a certain time, I would no longer enjoy it. So I stamp whenever I am "in the mood" and that is what works best for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

I sure does. I wish I could find some locals who wanted to stamp. The east coast isn't big on crafting. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #34  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

I stamp when I'm in the mood to be crafty. I've discovered that if I try to "force" it, I inevitably end up making mistakes or am unhappy with the finished product.

I leave whatever I'm working on out on my dining room table - that way I can stamp when I have a few minutes or when the mood strikes. DH knows not to say a word about the table never being cleared off :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

My mojo took what appears to be a permanent vacation sometime last year. We've had some extremely stressful family events the past few years (several deaths, drug interventions, abusive relationships exploding - mind-boggling, life-shattering stuff) and I haven't had any "juice" left. Not for my blog, not for cards, not for challenges, not for surfing the internet like I used to... SCS is the ONLY place I come every day to visit for a bit, and it's been the forums rather than the galleries. I have made a couple of cards recently, and it reminded me of what I've been missing, so I know that I'll get back around to it - probably in time for the Dare to Get Dirty week! Like others have said - do it when you feel like it, and don't stress about it when you don't. On the plus side, I spent my mojo-less stretch cleaning, purging, organizing, indexing, etc...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I soooo agree!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I used to stamp something everyday but then I went back to work, and now I don't stamp at all. I decided to take a break for a few months and see what happens. I have no interest in any of the new stamps that are coming out, no new products interest me ... so I hope my mojo will return one day. I've been stamping about 12 years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

i stamp 1-2 hours a day if possible. It takes me all of 2 hours just to color an image and then I put it together the next day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

Default Stamping

I love to stamp but often times my challenges is getting things colored; either colored pencils copic markers. What I do is stamp several of an image at a time and keep them in a photo box that is organized by topics. When I am in a coloring mode, I pull out what I need. They don't go into the finished box until they become a card. I can spend time on the phone coloring or just keep a small stack of things on my desk and color when I have a few minutes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 337 Likes on 211 Posts

Sue, I hope your family life gets smoother. God bless you.
Jo Ann
Reply With Quote Likes