View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #156
mrslaird
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe View Post
I have heard a lot of chatter from challenge coordinators, blog dt's, etc. that prizes seem to be what gets people to play in the challenge. SCS has dropped off in participants, I know vsn used to get a ton of players when there were prizes involved & now there aren't too many people that play. It seems to be the hostesses & the same faithful ones. Stamptv also took a hit when the prize changed to a grab bag & not a choose your own.

There are a lot of challenges out there also & that makes a difference.
I'm equally likely to PLAY in a challenge whether there is a prize or not, but more likely to actually post my card if there is a prize. A lot of times I make things and just never get around to posting anywhere.

I stopped doing Stamptv challenges when they first switched from having one everyday to just two a week. It just threw me off. Now, I check every now and again, but I don't love having to use their sets to be considered for a prize. Now, I think I only ever made one card for a stamptv challenge with another company's stamp, but I still don't like knowing that I can't. Not in a resentful way, more of a stifling, what am I going to do with this kind of way. I'd like to try their clear stamps, but I haven't yet. I just don't rubber stamp that much anymore and I'm not the colorer I used to be.

As for VSN, I never played when there were prizes, but it seems like they do VSN a lot more often than they used to? It used to just be 2 or 4 times a year and now it seems like as soon as it ends another one is announced? I just think it's missing the "BIG DEAL" aspect that it used to have. Plus, there are now 3 SCS events that do have *major* prizes. I don't think VSN can compete with that!

And, I totally agree that the sheer number of challenges makes a big difference. I can only hold about 8 in my head at once so that's about all I look at.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!