View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
StampinGoodDeeds
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Default DONE - ON THEIR WAY HOME - 12x12 LAYOUT KITS

I've been on hiatus from hosting while I moved but couldn't stay away!

Have you seen the great Project Life pages from Becky Higgins?
Becky Higgins - Products - What is Project Life?
What an easy way to get pages done quickly! By the way, the pocket pages are available at Hobby Lobby, Archivers, Michaels, online, etc.

I decided to host a swap for page kits for these books, however, these kits could also be used to create any 12x12 layout just as easily. The Becky Higgins pages have many preconfigured layout pockets, but the basic one generally has FOUR 4"x6" pockets and FOUR 3"x4" pockets.
NOTE: TRY TO LEAVE A LITTLE BORDER SPACE AROUND THE PIECES IN CASE SOMEONE HAS TO SLIGHTLY TRIM THEM TO FIT INTO THE POCKETS AS SOME HOLDERS ARE ABOUT 1/16" LESS THAN THE EXACT MEASUREMENTS.

Amazon.com: Photo Pocket Pages - Design A: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
These page kits would make one page layout using one of those pocket pages. You slide the pieces into the pockets, and then can journal, add photos trimmed down, etc. from there!

DETAILS:

DUE DATE: Due to me by September 10, 2013. Late ones will be returned unswapped. Mail early if you can, don't wait til the due date or week of it.

TO JOIN: Post in this thread and post your THEME for each spot.

QUANTITY: 3+1 Kits (The +1 is for the hostess). Bag each kit separately, labeled with your SCS ID.

EACH KIT must have a THEME (for the page) and must contain a TOTAL OF EIGHT BLOCKS:
- FOUR 4"x6" blocks. These must be at least two layers of quality cardstock/DSP. ONE of these must be a TITLE, having the theme/title for your pages. It can be die cut, stamped, etc. and embellished in some way. As for the remaining 3 of these -- it is your choice if you want to make these plain photo blocks or add photo corners, or embellish in whatever way, or if you want to make one a journaling block, etc.
- FOUR 3"x4" blocks. These must be at least two layers of quality cardstock/DSP. At least TWO of these must be embellished to serve as accents (i.e. flowers, butterflies, charms, brads, ribbons, buttons, die cuts, etc.) The other two can be journaling blocks, photo blocks, quotes, more accents, etc.
-- AT LEAST ONE BLOCK OUT OF THE TOTAL 8 PIECES MUST BE A JOURNALING BLOCK. Can be either size, and should be embellished in some way.

NOTES:

You DO NOT mail pocket pages. These are only for the items to get put into the pockets -- and that way you can use them however you like and mail in a smaller package too.

Pocket pages may be bought that go both directions, horizontal and vertical. However, please make your kits to layout one complete page of these --- so if the 4"x6" blocks are horizontal, the 3"x4" blocks are vertical in that kit. Reversed for the other. See the pages at the link above for clarification. The idea is that they then can be laid out to create a 12x12 layout or even two pages if you add the photos into them.
Also keep in mind these are little pockets so try not to make your pieces too bulky/3D as need to fit in the pocket still.

EXAMPLE OF A KIT: "THE GREAT OUTDOORS" theme, with a title 4"x6" that has that in die cut on it, and a stamped background of trees, brads in the corners. Three 4"x6" photo blocks with photo corners loose to put them, one journaling 3"x4" block with corner shaped brads, three accent 3"x4" blocks with wildlife stamps/embellishments.

MAILING: PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. For those who have swapped with me before, I moved this year across country so do not mail to my old WV address!
Each kit must be bagged separately. If you have more than one spot, be sure to bag them per spot too. Label all with your SCS ID. Enclose sufficient postage to get these returned to you (keep in mind some may weigh more coming back so include extra -- any extra will be returned to you). Be sure to include a SELF-ADDRESSED MAILING LABEL to return them to you. I will reuse packaging whenever possible.

Limit: 3 spots each

Who's in? Remember to post your THEME too:
(If there are ones you know you would not use, you can let me know and if I can accomodate requests, I will!)

1. StampinGoodDeeds - Travel - Done
2. KLB1082 - Christmas - Recd
3. Morgainegeiser - Beach - Recd
4. Morgainegeiser - Fall - Recd
5. SLHawes - Thanksgiving - recd
6. SLHawes - Friends - recd
7. StampinGoodDeeds - Life
8. Lenzke22 - Halloween; prefers no boy/school/kids - Recd
9. Vickie Y - Garden Theme - Recd
10. LabradorDork - Road Trip - no baby or boy - recd
11. LabradorDork - Cooking - " - recd
12. Drop
13. Adriannedaw - Back to School - none from Danalynnrn, no baby - recd
14. Adriannedaw - Birthday - " - recd
15. Adriannedaw - Summer Fun - " - recd
16. StampinGoodDeeds - Summer/Dragonflies - done
17. Lenzke22 - Halloween - Recd
18. LabradorDork - Everyday Life - no baby or boy - recd
19. Captain013 - Sweets/Treats -recd
20. Danalynnrn - 4th of July - none from adriannedaw pls, no baby - recd
21. Danalynnrn - Camping - " - recd
22. Danalynnrn - Travel - " - recd
23. Captain013 - BBQ recd
24. Itsme - Graduation - recd
25. Wyoscrapbooker - Winter Snow - postal
26. Wyoscrapbooker - Water fight - postal
27. Tstar2000 - Boy - recd
28. Tstar2000 - Fall - recd
29. Tstar2000 - Winter - recd
30. DPJ - Summer vacation - would like BBQ - recd
31. Healinghands - girl - recd
32. Healinghands - baby - recd
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?

Last edited by StampinGoodDeeds; 09-19-2013 at 08:32 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!