Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

Default Dog Days Of Summer Master Challenge Thread

Title: Strip Down Your Card
Hostess: Greywolf (Val)
Keyword: JUN13VSNG
Day/Date: Saturday, June 8
Time: 1:00 PM EST

When it is really, really hot, like in the Dog Days of Summer in Texas, most of us tend to wear lightweight or less clothing, shorts: a swimsuit, bikini, thong (!) or if you have a private beach, maybe NOTHING! EEK!

The challenge is: Let's strip down our cards for the Dog Days of Summer and make a naked ... I mean a one-layer card . Bonus points if you make it with a summer (sun, beach, hot, picnic, etc.) theme.

I define a one-layer card as one piece of cs, just the card base with no attachments. However, if you would rather make your design on a separate panel and attach that "one" piece to your card base, that is acceptable for this challenge. Also, if you feel you have to, I won't deduct points if you add stickers, rhinestones or ribbon.

I know that one-layer and CAS cards are difficult for some people, so I'm including several samples.

Attached thumbnails show a very basic one-layer card, a slightly stepped up one-layer with heat embossing on patterned cs, and a one-layer simple scene on a separate panel which was attached to the card base. One-layer cards don't have to be "plain." You can also include things like paper piercing or glitter or Stickles.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, JUNE 10th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. We have a special gallery for the Dog Days of Summer VSN . When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNG , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNG 3rd.jpg (75.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNG 2nd.jpg (73.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNG 1st.jpg (77.1 KB, 9 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!