View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #13
mrslaird
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Default Dog Days Of Summer Master Challenge Thread

Title: Silly Straws
Keyword:JUN13VSNKIDS
Hostess: mrslaird/Paula
Date/Time: June 8, Noon EST

Summer is full of cold drinks sipped through straws. My kids have as much fun blowing bubbles in their drinks as they do drinking them. My challenge is to have fun blowing ink with straws. This challenge is for all the kids AND the kids at heart!

Basically, drop a few drops of reinker or spray ink on your cardstock and blow the ink with a straw. You can use glossy cardstock and cover the entire thing to make amazing backgrounds or you can use regular cardstock and make cool focal designs. You can then decorate your card with whatever you want. Stamp on it, sticker it, use diecuts. My son loved his background so much he didn't even want to make it into a card and we just hung it on the wall like the art that it is.

I can't wait to see the fun you have with your straws! Have a cold drink while you're at it.

Video Tutorials
Background with glossy cardstock: Straw Blowing Technique using Reinkers - YouTube
Focal designs with regular cardstock: My Favorite Things: Make It Monday - Ink Blowing

View the gallery for this challenge here.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON June 10th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. We have a special gallery for the Dog Days of Summer VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNKIDS , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Party Straws DSC_0739.jpg (36.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Straw Stars DSC_0740.jpg (54.4 KB, 9 views)

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!