View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #4010
jacqueline
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by casep View Post
Have I mentioned lately how delightful my second graders are?
Today we had our end-of -the-year party. I bought all the decorations at the party store for a beach themed party. I chose plates & table cloth with flip flops and bought plastic buckets with shovels for serving dishes, etc. Anyway, while the party was in full swing. I heard one child say to the other children in his group, "Ms. Case throws the best parties." And the other children all said, "Yes, the best!" It's amazing to me that I can make so many children happy with so little effort. Needless to say, we all had a great time, and then we went to music and square danced. (I wanted them to learn the Virginia Reel, so I had to stay to help.) So much fun!!
Fun Pat. They'll remember that they had fun parties. I still remember my second grade teacher, Miss Jablonsky. She was always so nice. She even invited me and classmate to her house for spaghetti dinner. I remember her little doodles too that she put on our papers when we did well. I loved my fourth and sixth grade teachers too. Third grade, not so much. She was crabby all the time.

My reign as HOA president has come to an end as of tonight. I stepped down to concentrate on packing, etc. I agreed to stay on the board for a couple of weeks to help with the transition.

We're working out a few details on the house before we sign the contract. So far, they agreed to the stone accents around the garage and the fridge and upgraded carpets/padding. We're thinking of staying with my mom & dad for a couple of months rather than getting an apartment. The amount they want for short term leases are absolutely, astronomically ridiculous! We'll have a bit of a commute to/from Calabash but itll be fun down there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!