View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #4005
jacqueline
Gallery Gazer

Yeah, everyone's been quiet lately. Well, we found out the builder isn't paying for our temporary move, we'll have to find an apartment for a couple of months, but this way, we'll get something unfurnished and just store our stuff there. We really only need a place to sleep and eat (and stamp). We're going to rough it for a bit, I guess. But in the end, we'll have a brand new house with plenty of space for everyone. And, I get my OWN craft room once again!

We're going to go with the same plan and features of the house we saw but asked for a refrigerator, stone finishes around the exterior and money towards closing costs. We met with the sales agent Saturday and picked out our lot and we'll find out tomorrow if they'll comp the requested items. Once we sign the contract we go to the design studio and start choosing all our finishes, cabinets, carpets/floors, exterior colors, etc. We already have all of our itms in mind so we don't get sucked in with too many choices and added expenses. A business associate in the water conservation industry is comping us three high efficiency toilets so I also asked the builder for upgraded padding for the carpets since we're providing the toilets.

Joe said I can take a bunch of my stamping stuff to the apartment but some has to go in storage. Hmmmm, decisions decisions. Copics and MFT stuff definitely coming with. I packed most of my SU! Sets and scrapbooking stuff and can manage with a "few" things. I'll also still have my computer and silhoutte so maybe I can figure out how to use the darn thing without chomping up all my cardstock. Ugh, still having issues with that thing.

Anyhoo, I guess instead of quality stamping time, I'll be spending most of my free time packing. And unpacking. And packing (and moving) and unpacking again. Did I mention we'll also have the kids too for a good part of the time for the summer while all this is going on? Should be great for my nerves!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!