View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
*Alice*
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8cards View Post
I thought your cards were exceptional and I would also love to receive a set. Starbucks gift cards are nice and I DO appreciate any token I receive, but something that obviously took time and energy to create is more than special. For several years, I made first day of school cards for the staff at my school and included a little candy bar or chocolate kiss. If I was lucky, I got maybe two thank-yous. And these people are my friends!! After attempts at Valentines, I finally gave it up. I don't think anyone purposely meant to hurt your feelings because I chalk it up to not being taught proper etiquette. I have two boys and when their birthdays would roll around each year, our large family would shower them with cards and money. Our rule was until they wrote the thank you note, I held on to the money. It didn't take long for them to understand that the faster they acted, the sooner they got the reward! Today, as adults, they still send notes of appreciation, but they understand why it's important.

You are Wonder Woman for making 50 sets!!
Wonderful idea, and writing notes is important. I was impressed that a handful of my students hand wrote thank you cards for me, and I was just the student teacher the last 2 months of the year.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!