Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart VA, MD, DC Shoebox Swap June 8, 2013 (zip code 22027)

Hey there My Stamping Friends,

I'm so excited about the new Stampin' Up! catalog coming out and getting my hands on all the new products. Since I won't be getting EVERYTHING I want right away, I figured it was time to start up my Shoebox Swaps again. I know this is short notice but I hope you can make it.

New Catalog Shoebox Swap
Date/Time : June 8th, 2013 9am till 3pm, Doors Open at 8:30am

2148 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22027 (moments from Tysons Corner Mall)

Fee : $15 to cover some door prizes and the hall fee ($16 via PayPal to [email protected]). Checks can be mailed to me (send me an Emil and I'll send you my street address). Your spot will be held when you email me and confirmed when payment is received.

Card Size : Full card size ( 4-1/4 x 5-1/2)

Quantity : Capped at 50 + 1 for the hostess. We will stamp a max of 25 cards that day and can swap up to 25 more, for a total of 50, plus 1 for the hostess. This means, I'm going to cap this shoebox swap at a max of 50 people, but we'll probably be under that. No matter the size of the group we will only be stamping a maximum of 25 cards. If we have 25 people sign up,we will stamp them all. If we have 50 stampers, each person will bring enough supplies for 25 stampers to make the card and will bring 25 cards already made. Clear as mud?

Pot Luck Lunch : Please bring something to share so we don't need to stop stamping to go out for lunch. When you RSVP, please let me know what you'll be bringing. We need someone to bring plates & napkins, someone to bring cups & forks, 4 people to bring enough drinks to cover 25 stampers, 4 people to bring desserts and the rest can bring savory lunch food.

Details :
Please use STAMPIN' UP! supplies only!
Please use only current items from the new catalog (no retiring merchandise e.g., ribbon, DSP, etc.)
Please supply a sample card to go along with your shoebox supplies
Please supply a recipe to help others to do things in the proper order or describe a specific technique you might be using.
Provide all supplies needed to make your shoebox card.
Please label your supplies so nothing gets misplaced into the wrong shoebox in the stamping frenzy.
Remember to bring a camera in case you want to take photos.
Please RSVP and send payment asap but no later than Sunday, June 2nd. On Monday June 3rd I will send out an email confirming the headcount, what group you are in and how many cards you need to make vs. how many you need to bring in the shoebox.
When you RSVP please mention the stamp set you will be using and what lunch item you'll be bringing.

If you can't make it to this Shoebox Swap, don't worry, I'm already planning on a shoebox swap for the upcoming Holiday Catalog!! As soon as I have a date I will let you know.

Thanks,
Rose-Ellen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Thumbs up VA, MD, DC Shoebox Swap Participants

1. Michelle S.
2. Cris M.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Thumbs up VA, MD, DC Shoebox Swap Participants

Last edited by CardLuver; 05-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: Double posting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Well, I'm so sorry to have to do this but I've received so many private messages letting me know that people are already commited to another local swap that day, that I'm going to have to cancel my shoebox swap for June 8th. Darn it, I promise I looked around here for conflicts but I must have missed that one. Anyway, I'm going to have another, probably in conjunction with the release of the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog and I'll definately keep you posted on that. Feel free to follow this thread and I'll leave a comment here when I finalize the new date. Hugs! Rose-Ellen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

We need to get something going here in the DC area. I have found that making things free helps out. Even if you have ten people it is enough for fun.
Reply With Quote Likes