View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #168
rositagustafson72
Die Cut Diva

Location: Originally from Hawaii, now Hamilton, MT. since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzmom View Post
Congrats on your son graduating! I know what an accomplishment that is. My 17 year old son has Aspergers and just finished his junior year - 1 more year to go! What classes will he take in college? I really want my son to go next year, but I'm afraid he'll lose motivation quickly.

My occupation? Currently I'm a substitute teacher. I am really hoping to get my own classroom next year, but the prospect is looking bleak. I'll continue to sub until I get a full time position. My dream classroom would be Kindergarten. I didn't go back to school till recently to get my credential. Since I didn't have a job yet, I went on for my Masters in Ed. I just graduated in October. What's funny is that I'm just now getting my career on track and my husband is talking about retiring in 7 years! Yikes.
Hi,
My son is gonna do his basics here at the community college which is just a part of the University here and then after he gets through that, the goal is for him to go to the tech school here and get a computer tech certificate. He has a wonderful team and will work with Vocational Rehab, which will him with any needs to get him through school. Than we have an IEP that will follow him to college and they also have a special needs counselor that will him throughout. We will see how that works out. It's worth a try. All we can do is see if he is capable and just go with it. I know sometimes he has troubles staying on task and has a lot of melt downs at times when he thinks he is not capable, the change of routine will be hard and socializing with new people will be hard. You know what it's like I am sure. So this will be a big challenge for him and I am just glad he is willing to try.

~Rosie Gustafson~
My Blog: Rosie's Sanity Corner
I'm On The DT For ABC Challenges
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!