View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #90
BashfulStamper
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
I used this method for a while, but I was acquiring too many binders that were taking up too much space! I still haven't quite landed on what I want to do with anything but the sentiments, which I thought I was going to put on Rolodex cards. I've decided against that, as well. My new plan is to stamp sentiments for the same occasion on 4" x 6" cardstock, several similar-sized ones to a card, and put them in cheap photo albums. If they fit one of my punches or dies, for example, only the sentiments that fit the same punch or die will be on that card. I'm going to use my Rolodex for my cardstock (like Doris did HERE) instead. I'm going to put all of my patterned papers on it, too, though...
I very well could end up with too many binders at some point... the baseball card holders method does take a bit more space in the binder than 8-1/2 x 11 sheets. I am combating this a bit by stamping more than one on a 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 card, if they're very small. I only do this with stamps that come from the same set, and I try to do this only with very similar images, so if/when I need to re-organize, they would still fall under the same category.

I think the only method that would greatly reduce space would be a computerized index, but even though I love my pc for so many things, I just never could develop a system that I thought was both easy to keep up-to-date, and easy to find what I was looking for.

I love flipping through my binders, to look for something appropriate. I don't always know quite what I'm looking for, until I do this. And looking at the stamped images, all together like this, really sparks my creativity for some reason - more so than just looking at the stamps themselves.

I do love the Rolodex idea for paper, though... but I can't imagine ever putting it together. I use more than one brand of paper and most of it I don't know the names of the colors. (I buy a lot of my paper by the sheet, from an LSS... or as part of paper pack that doesn't always identify the individual sheets. Mostly, I use Bazzill... would love to splurge on one of those color ring things, but last time I looked, they weren't all that cheap for something that's only a reference tool.)

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!