View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #5023
JanetJ
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamperamma View Post
I am learning French for work , I actually have a test the first week in July. Rosetta stone is an amazing program and works fabulously for conversational French, I have to learn government of Canada French and the test is focused on your work. I have been working on my French for the past ten months but now it is getting close and I know I need help with my oral so I paid one of the schools for one on one tutoring. In the government we are tested on oral, comprehension and grammar. I am trying for my middle level or BBB in July and my advanced or EEE in December at which time I will need to hire another tutor.

If I do not pass I will probably be without a job. I work in a national program for a French manager who believes you are nothing without both languages. I have been doing my same job for five years, she has been my manager for ten months.

Thats all folks.....

Dea
Best of luck Dea!! I know you'll do well!!
Wish we had more people here who spoke French - it seems if I don't get to use my French, I will forget it or get "rusty" speaking it.

My problem here has been we have so many people here who speak Spanish (I speak French & English). I took Spanish in College - and my professor told me I "start off in Spanish & end in French" - that I speak "Franish." She then told me to go back to French. I have done that!

The chuckle I got was when I was called in to translate French at a local hospital. The patient was from Haiti - and the French is a different dialect there (I had learned French with a European accent). After that incident, I wrote on my form for a translator that I could understand European & Canadian French - not Haitian French or Creole French.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!