View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
annie*
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
I liked it, too! Do you have photos that you could upload for us to see it in action? I'm just starting out, like I said, and have a variety so far (Prismacolor, Bic, Spectrum Noir, Copic) so I would be interested to know how deep the interior is. The specs only give the outside dimensions. I'm guessing that the Prismas would be the only ones that might be a tad too long to stand upright...
Sorry I was so slow to respond. Fionna51 beat me to the picture. She has some great ideas and I found the Pintrest link to have many pictures of the ArtBins in action.

There are some ridges on the bottom inside of the box. When I added my Copics into the box some of their ends rested on the bottom of the box and some of them rested on the ridges. This left them at slightly different levels on the top and being a bit OCD that drove me crazy. I put a layer of thin foam core on the bottom of my box, so that all of the markers would be even on the tops. The lid/cover fits very snugly over my Copics, but it does fit and I am happy they are all the same height and now they are easy to grab the one I need.

I measured inside of the box from the bottom to the top of the box minus my foam core and it is just slightly more than 6 inches. Copics fit great, but a Tombow or Distress marker would be too tall to stand upright in the box.

Previously I had stored my Copics in a metal picnic tote that I purchased years ago in the Spring or Summer from Target. They have them as a seasonal item. The tin had 6 individual sections and I could put two Crystal Light oval containers in each section. I could put a color family of Copics in each of the containers and the lids fit easily. That was a very nice storage solution. The markers were always covered when not in use and the tin was very portable. I was a little sad to give up that storage method, but my markers were just getting a little too snug. I now have about as many markers as I plan to buy, unless they come out with some new colors that I think I have to have.

Hopefully you can find a great solution that works for you. Plan for expansion, because they seem to breed in captivity !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!