View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Phantom
Proud Fan Club Member

Sue, this is one of the few areas of organization that I'm not too particular about. I used to have all of my alcohol markers in a desktop enamel bin - with a few dividers but I only loosely grouped them by blues, greens, reds, etc. I color enough that I knew the colors by the caps - I didn't use the Copic numbering system very much but just learned by using them which ones worked well together.

Now I have Snapware containers for my Spectrum Noir markers (they fit easily, and so should Copics - I had those first and I'm selling them), and I have them sorted in 7 Snapware containers by color/number ... reds, blues, greens, pink/purple, neutral, etc. With these, I do use the numbers as guides and they are easily visible through the side of the Snapware.

I purchase them at Target - they are like this but different colors: http://www.snapware.com/products/sna...ge-6x9-3layers)

This works great for me . My total storage area consists of a big drawer and half of a closet, plus two DVD towers for stamps. I cannot leave very much out all of the time. I am used to pulling out what I need onto a good-sized work table, so box storage works well for me. If I could have desktop organizers with every item within easy reach, I'd probably do that instead.

By the way, a good tip when using plastic storage containers like Snapware or Sterilite drawers (e.g., the stacking sets of three 12 x 12 drawers which are my other primary storage items) is to label them with permanent marker. The marker can be easily wiped away by scribbling first with a dry erase marker.

Have fun organizing !!
artwork designed for
Inky Antics

Last edited by Phantom; 05-22-2013 at 04:45 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!