Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First time Amuse party goer

I went to my first Amuse workshop a few weeks ago. My friend and I enjoyed ourselves. Of course, we placed an order. The order came quickly-workshop on Friday, received order on Tues (live on the West Coast so that helped)

I am impressed with the way the stamps are packaged. The sets come in a container like SU uses, the stamps are nested in the rubber like SU but have the labels already affixed there is an acrylic sheet included that they cling to. The most impressive thing is their stamps REALLY stay stuck to my acrylic block so I can ink it without it falling in the pad or inked and falling off the block onto my cardstock. I didn't have to buy their acrylic blocks, just use ones I already had and was doing a 'happy dance' because these stamps stayed stuck to the block and my stamped image went where I wanted it stamped!

WHY CAN'T SU LEARN AND DO THE SAME??? It is very frustrating to have to 'Gerry rig' their stamps to work like they are supposed to work. They include the labels so why don't the labels stay stuck to an acrylic block? I like the images but the clear/cling stamps don't stay stuck to my blocks. Not going to buy their blocks because clean acrylic blocks should work.

I know this subject has been 'hashed over" many times but if Amuse can do it, why can't SU???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder the same thing. I've considered purchasing SU stamps again but that's what holds me back. I am hoping they produce more photopolymer stamps.

The A Muse Studio stamps actually have the index image printed directly onto the cling foam which is why they stick better. Other companies are able to do this as well, for example, Stampers Anonymous and Hero Arts.

Hopefully SU will step up and begin to produce them in the same way. Although personally I'm just as happy with photopolymer, I know a lot of people (in particular, many SU customers) who prefer rubber stamps.

So happy to hear that you were pleased with A Muse products and enjoyed your workshop! A Muse shipping is amazingly fast .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree! SU has some images I just love, and the stamps cling just fine as long as you don't put the index sticker on. I'm used to stamping without the index image, but it irks me to then have those useless stickers Other companies besides Amuse also print the image on the cling - sweet heavens, I have some cheapo $1 Studio G clings with the image printed on the cling and they stick fine! I also have some old See-D's stamps where the cling is a printed sticker, and I have no problem with them sticking to the block (although they have no cushion; the sticker is stuck to the bare rubber). So, why can't SU make theirs work like they should?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I love SU stamps....but I don't use the stickers. I have never had a problem if I don't use the stickers. I tuck the stickers in the front cover....just in case I resell later and the next person wants them. They work fine without them and since I don't think the stickers help me with placement. I know....not the way they are intended to work but I do adjust. I love clear stamps and I am enjoying all the new ones SU is coming out with!!! My hope....a big PHOTOPOLYMER line in the future!!!!!! DREAM!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I thought SU was supposed to be glad for feedback-good/bad. I also thought they wanted happy customers. I know I'm not much help because I still buy their clear stamps but would be happier if they produced a better overall product.

I have complained to my demos (a buy from several) and they say at their meetings this subject comes up. COME ON-it's been several years now since SU released clear stamps and nothing has changed!!! If the stickers are just for show, why even include them-they must be factored into the price of the set even if the cost is small it adds up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #6  

I agree whole heartedly.....I don't believe the stickers work. And I do think that there are other companies that make them better than SU, with that said, I like SU images. I recently did a demo survey and this is one of the points I made/ or suggestion. Will they listen.....who knows. Until then, I find a solution that works for me.
As a demo, I try to see the positive....but I can acknowledge what doesn't work as well. I love hearing feedback!!! And try to pass on whenever I can! I was happy to take the recent survey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I totally agree! a lot of my HA fall off too :(
I love Amuse! that said, I really do like SU and HA, just not their cling stamps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
I went to my first Amuse workshop a few weeks ago. My friend and I enjoyed ourselves. Of course, we placed an order. The order came quickly-workshop on Friday, received order on Tues (live on the West Coast so that helped)

I am impressed with the way the stamps are packaged. The sets come in a container like SU uses, the stamps are nested in the rubber like SU but have the labels already affixed there is an acrylic sheet included that they cling to. The most impressive thing is their stamps REALLY stay stuck to my acrylic block so I can ink it without it falling in the pad or inked and falling off the block onto my cardstock. I didn't have to buy their acrylic blocks, just use ones I already had and was doing a 'happy dance' because these stamps stayed stuck to the block and my stamped image went where I wanted it stamped!

WHY CAN'T SU LEARN AND DO THE SAME??? It is very frustrating to have to 'Gerry rig' their stamps to work like they are supposed to work. They include the labels so why don't the labels stay stuck to an acrylic block? I like the images but the clear/cling stamps don't stay stuck to my blocks. Not going to buy their blocks because clean acrylic blocks should work.

I know this subject has been 'hashed over" many times but if Amuse can do it, why can't SU???

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

I don't have the inside story, but I'm going to guess that the SU sticker situation is a result of the company offering most of their stamp sets in both cling and wood. They likely have the cling and wood labels printed by the same machinery...just using different material. If they started printing right on the cling foam, they'd have to have one set of machines for those stamps, and another set for the wood labels. That would add to their costs, in so many ways...more machinery, larger factory, more workers. Although I'd LOVE to have the image printed on the cling foam, I wouldn't be happy about paying more for the stamps. As it is, I don't have trouble keeping most of the cling stamps on my blocks. The humidity (or lack thereof) and static levels in my house likely help me out, there. (I'm not very familiar with Amuse, since their products are not sold in Canada; do they offer the choice of cling or wood, too? If so, then I'm obviously incorrect.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Presently all of the stamps at A Muse Studio are cling stamps, cailinriley. I have no more information either but I suspect you are correct that SU's decision about how to handle the cling version has to do with producing both kinds of stamps.

It will be interesting to see what develops with photopolymer for SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Even so, couldn't they have developed and tested material that would CLING better to the acrylic block?

Knock, knock-SU are you hearing and listening to what your customers are requesting????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #11  

I never thought about the process of how they are made....that could be the reason. Never thought of it in that sense.
I guess for me, if I had to chose between clear mount and polymer stamps...polymer would win out everytime ....for me! I am hoping they expand their product line in polymer!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Inkadinkado has clear label with the image printed on their cling stamps and they work perfectly, so it can be done I also just don't use the SU stickers but I wish they'd fix it.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I buy lots of SU, but I agree! Why in the world don't they fix this problem? I either leave the image off, which is silly to have to do or add a little Tombo and let it dry if I have the image in place.....EXACTLY......Gerry rigged!
Reply With Quote Likes