Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have the new eBosser from Craftwell?

I watched the video on HSN (or QVC?) and it looks pretty cool but I'd love to hear a review from someone who actually has one.

Thanks,
Jackie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Yes, I got it from HSN. I haven't had much time to play with it, It is great to be able to emboss and cut larger sizes, and more than one embossing folder or die at a time. So far, it did a great job on the intricate dies on one pass. It can be used with almost all brands. I will try to get some time tomorrow to try more things, and then let you know. It is very sturdy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Mine is on pre-order, I just heard it is not due until end of October now, I hoped it would be here very soon. It is replacing a Vagabond which was the third machine, it looks amazing in the videos on You Tube.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Love my ebosser! First one had a faulty switch, but they either fixed it or replaced it and the new one has been very busy this past week or two. Making several of the SU cover ornaments which requires 20 or more passes for each one so my A plate is pretty cut up. Sure hope to see them in the stores this month as the company reported.
Visit my Blog http://gbinette.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Loving my eBosser. Been having trouble hand cranking with my Epic6 and got this baby just in time for the holidays. It's been working great so far. My only problem has been remembering the sandwiches for the dies/folders I have. I really like the fact that it returns anything too tight to go through the machine. The A plates should be out sometime this month, which is good, because mine is getting all kinds of cut up right now...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Fnally, I had a chance to play with the eBosser. I think it will be great for my Christmas cards, I tried cutting with thin dies, and embossing with regular embossing folders, not the ones that came with the machine. I'm looking forward to being able to buy the embossing folders, especially the tri-fold that will fit in a regular business envelope. I used a thin metal plate with the die so I wouldn't scratch the A plate, as I don't have a replacement yet. I will try the thicker dies soon and let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

I have the eBosser and just love it. It is really easy to use and if you go the craftwell website, you can print a 4 page guide for the different sandwiches for different dies. I can cut a page full of dies and each one just pops out. I also like the fact that I can use my sizzix originals and bigz dies in it as well. I got mine a week ago and I have cut more than I ever have. Saw it online at a shop on artfire.com and got free shipping. Go for it! It is great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

anybody know where I can buy the eBosser? I live in Norway, so it have to include cord and adapter 230 volts (240 volt works too) and electrical plug type C. I am very grateful for all help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Red face EBosser

This is the most disappointing thing I have ever bought for my crafting. Looked so good so pre ordered months ago.... After watching the YouTube clips I was sold on it UNTIL I tried it""" it is the most cumbersome piece of equipment but worst if all I have had very little success with any die cutting. I am very familiar with all these machines so know exactly what to do but it will NOT cut most papers card stock unless I put the metal plate from Cuttlebug in it. This of course defeats all purpose of eBosser. I have spoken to Craftwell & where I purchased it & they say theybhave had no complaints. Well I KNOW they have because there are so many other people unhappy with it. If anyone likes this they have never owned a Big Shot !!!!! My advise ...Do NOT BUY am eBosser.
Kerri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Wow! There must be a disfunction in your machine, because mine cuts and embosses beautifully!
Visit my Blog http://gbinette.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 AM   #11  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I agree with Kerri. I also have one (in addition to my Vagabond), and have experienced some frustration with it.

I am stacking properly and according to their directions.

*The machine will send back out my stack when I use certain types of thin dies
*It does not fully cut everything on the plate, it will cut some of it and then reverse
*It's quite slow
*My B plate got super warped and now I can't find a replacement (disclaimer - it is warped because of my actions trying to find a less irritating way to cut)

I have it sitting on the floor under my table and went back to my trusty Vagabond.

In THEORY it would great. It takes a full sheet of A2 paper, it will cut without having to push a button, and it's a whole lot prettier than my Vagabond, but I have to admit, I was disappointed, and a friend who purchased one is also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Jody what a waste to have it under the desk on the floor!!!! I see you are in USA & when the eBosser first came out it had an "E" plate. Now it is replaced with a metallic mat. Do you have the "E" plate or metallic mat. Get a metal plate for Cuttlebug & all your dies will cut out perfectly...HOWEVER this is not the point. These cost $290 in Oz!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Location: Outside the beautiful Rocky Mountains in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Default ebosser - Fabulous!

I have a Cuttlebug, then I got the Grand Calibur, then I got the Big Shot and because I was cutting so many types of dies, and the intricate ones from Memory Box and Cherry Lynn were hard to grind through when doing a few, I decided to get an electronic machine. My friend has the Vagabond and loves it, but it jams. I decided to get the Ebosser from Craftwell, and am I glad I did.
No jams at all, no matter what I put in. Does all my dies from every manufacturer. I have not found anything it can't do and it cuts material - 5 layers of cotton! Slices through grunge board like butter. Love, love, love this machine. Cheaper than the Vagabond and does more! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Which conforms my theory that mine is faulty...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

I already had a Big Shot and was very pleased with it, but found that more than about five minutes of use stirred up my neck injury so bought an eBosser and LOVE it! It has cut beautifully with a variety of dies and no problems at all.

If I had to find a fault with it then it might be that it is on the heavy side but that adds to the stability and it will stay at home so that's not really a minus for me.

Delighted with the A4 size as you can fit so much more on the plates per pass. A bonus was the A4 embossing folder which came with it, the embossing is crisp and it will be interesting to try the other folders, especially the tri-fold. 10 out of 10, a quality piece of kit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuffymuffyView Post
Jody what a waste to have it under the desk on the floor!!!! I see you are in USA & when the eBosser first came out it had an "E" plate. Now it is replaced with a metallic mat. Do you have the "E" plate or metallic mat. Get a metal plate for Cuttlebug & all your dies will cut out perfectly...HOWEVER this is not the point. These cost $290 in Oz!!!
I agree!

Mine has an E plate. I am trying to find a place to buy a metal plate (is it the full size of the platform?) AND replacement pieces for 1 of my plates that got messed up, but cannot find them for sale anywhere. Know where to buy them? I might give it one more try before I toss it out the window... LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyleeView Post
I have a Cuttlebug, then I got the Grand Calibur, then I got the Big Shot and because I was cutting so many types of dies, and the intricate ones from Memory Box and Cherry Lynn were hard to grind through when doing a few, I decided to get an electronic machine. My friend has the Vagabond and loves it, but it jams. I decided to get the Ebosser from Craftwell, and am I glad I did.
No jams at all, no matter what I put in. Does all my dies from every manufacturer. I have not found anything it can't do and it cuts material - 5 layers of cotton! Slices through grunge board like butter. Love, love, love this machine. Cheaper than the Vagabond and does more! :grin:
Welcome to splitcoast. I see this is your very first post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileenView Post
Yes, I got it from HSN. I haven't had much time to play with it, It is great to be able to emboss and cut larger sizes, and more than one embossing folder or die at a time. So far, it did a great job on the intricate dies on one pass. It can be used with almost all brands. I will try to get some time tomorrow to try more things, and then let you know. It is very sturdy.
same here. my box is still unopen. just sitting in my garage. hoping to peek before christmas. when i saw it i NEEDED it-but can't even remember what tricks it does..................
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my E-Bosser. I had two projects that required die cutting 230 of two different dies for one project, and 190 die cuts for another project. The E-Bosser saved my life. I never had any problem and wojuld recommend it to anyone. I have a Spellbinder Grand Caliber and a Sizzix Big Shot that I will keep and use, but this E-Bosser is way too easy and convenient to not use most of the time! I remembered the demo said you could cut 8 pieces of fabric in one pass, so I cut 4 pieces of paper in one pass and it was no problem at all (of course, it depends upon the thickness of the card stock or paper you are using).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Default EBosser

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynnView Post
I agree!

Mine has an E plate. I am trying to find a place to buy a metal plate (is it the full size of the platform?) AND replacement pieces for 1 of my plates that got messed up, but cannot find them for sale anywhere. Know where to buy them? I might give it one more try before I toss it out the window... LOL
Today I bought a metal shim plate for the large Big Shot. It is10x10in so will trim off one side with tin snips & it will almost cover the plate..of course should not have to do this but it is the only way I can get it to work.....you will be able to get one anywhere they sell Sizzix. Kerri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

I went to Fotobella.com and they have a set of Eplates, the magnetic one that came with my machine and the older e plate. I love it and still use the Big shot and Spellbinder Excalibur. I have been cutting out Stampin Up ornaments and can cut through 4 sheets with a thin die. It sounds to me like some people have gotten a bad lot maybe in the HSN bunch. I got mine from Crafter's Companion. Craftwell tells me the magnetic sheet replaces the origional E plate and it is handy because the dies stay put without sliding around. I use Scotch removable tape to keep the paper in place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 344 Likes on 132 Posts

subbing - got mine last week and hope to get to know it better once the holidays start
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Let me know how you like it. Some people are having a lot of problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Will do. It's actually a replacement for my Vagabond, which died without warning after 16 months' careful use (i.e. no jams, no bad sandwiches etc). The supplier didn't have another Vagabond so offered the eBosser in its place. Very decent as my Bond was out of warranty by then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

I thought about the Vagabond because I am getting stiff hands. The Ebosser fits the bill and the platform is large enough that I can cut several dies at once. Also cut spellbinders through 3 -4 layers of paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

A Little Birdie Told Me Ebosser update

I have solved myEbosser problem by buying the large shim metal plate
Made for large Sizzex big shot. I had it cut to size of Ebosser plates purchased from Cherry Lyn Designs...I should not have to go to these lengths to get it
To work but I was determined....if I could not get an "E" plate I would find
Something that would work. Now it will do everything it should do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Maybe Cheery Lynn will make one to fit the Ebosser. I have the one for the Cuttlebug but not the Big Shot. I wonder if it would work like on a single doily?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:16 AM   #28  
Cardstock Collector

Yes the Cuttlebug shim plate does work on Ebosser but if you want to cut something larger than that my eBosser will not cut at all.it will only make a mark. Again my thoughts...the plates are too heavy & cumbersome to shuffle. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. I will be going back to my Sizzex Big Shot which makes a perfect cut every time...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #29  
Inking Addict

I have had mine for a month or so now and I have been able to cut all dies, the only ones I am having a little trouble with are Sizzlits.

I used the sandwich Craftwell advised and they didn't cut, I added in the magnetic shim and the two outside of a row of three cut and not the middle one. So I swapped the magnetic sheet for the thin platform (b?) and the machine jammed and did not reverse as I expected it to, I had to get advice from the reseller on how to free it up again!

I asked Craftwell on facebook about this and they haven't replied, well they did to the jam but not when I queried why the middle die wouldn't cut.

My reseller told me the machine doesn't reverse (and yet I watched videos that showed it reversing if the sandwich was too thick which made me think it is impossible to jam). They told me it will eject the magnetic shim if it is not needed but nothing else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

I had my first proper play with the eBosser this evening. It and I survived

Thin dies (Nellie Snellen, Boss Kutz) cut with the recommended sandwich. I had to add a cardstock shim to the recommended basic sandwich for everything else - sizzlits, thick Sizzix dies, embossing folders and M-Bossabilities. I assume that's down to the way my particular machine is calibrated, as 'add a shim if it doesn't cut' was stated in the manual.

I had most difficulty with my couture creations thin doily die; I had to add a shim before it would cut at all and then it didn't cut down the middle, so I turned it through 90� and re-cut it. On one of my attempts to cut with this die, I used too thick a shim and yes, it definitely reversed out that sandwich! I particularly wanted to test it with that die because that die is probably the most finicky one in my collection.

The machine is pretty noisy though. I sometimes craft late at night once DH has gone to bed; I will be using the Big Shot at those times!

Once I feel a bit more confident about the machine, I'll have to try other materials than cardstock - chipboard, fabric, felt, leather etc. Does anyone have experience of cutting those, and do you use the same sandwiches as for cardstock (I'm guessing yes, but thinking how loud the machine is when cutting cardstock, I don't want to stress it with thicker materials unless I'm sure it's safe).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I cut material with it but I interfaced it. It is supposed to cut several layers of material for quilting but I haven't tried that. Most of my thing dies cut well... Spellbinders, Cottage Kutz etc. I'll try one finiky one today and see what happens its a Memory Box Orchard Tree frame. Cheery Lynn dies are the ones I have most trouble with. did you get a magnetic sheet with your machine. I didn't see anywhere in my manual where it says to use a cardstock shim but I may have overlooked it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

My machine came with platforms A-D, a magnetic shim which they refer to as E and a thin rubber embossing mat.

The tip about adding an additional shim is on the page about cutting thin dies near the bottom left hand corner. I read it as additional to the magnetic shim E and, based on my Bigshot/Vagabind experience, added a piece of sturdy cardstock. I haven't seen additional magnetic shims available to buy (at least, not here in NZ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

I haven't either here in Virginia. I think you can use the magetic sheets from Oriental Trading or those used to cover vents in houses. I think they are the same thickness. I managed to put a die on mine and cut the magnetic shim and had to tape it where it cut. Still working though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyleeView Post
I am trying to decide between an eBosser or an AccuQuilt cutting machine. Do you know anything about the eBosser using AccuQuilt dies?

Anyone else also do quilting?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #35  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

In response to some of the comments I've seen . . . 1) my embosser goes both ways; 2) I've used all sorts of sandwich combinations, including the chipboard on the back of hotel note pads and have had success; 3) when I have one area that doesn't cut well, I load the plates from the other end and that seems to help or putting something immediately under that part only; 4) if it doesn't go into the machine, it won't take it . . . so you shouldn't experience any jams. I've used this machine so much I am on my second set of cutting and magnetic plates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

I LOVE the eBosser! It's virtually goof proof. If your sandwich is too thick, it kicks the sandwich back so you can adjust. No extra plates or parts to buy and it even included an 8.5 x 11 embossing folder. The secret is to put your sandwich 'filling' in the middle, center of the 'bread'. That way, you'll get even pressure across. And, it's handsome on the shelf The instruction manual is great, with text AND profile pictures. Available in Canada, too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine needs an extra shim with all sandwiches except the Spellbinders. I've had success cutting all sorts of dies except for my Couture Creations doily (very intricate) so I gave up and used my Big Shot for that one. I will retry with the hint about putting it right in the middle of the plate.

I've put the need for the extra shim down to some machines being slightly looser than standard, same as the Big Shot. Does that sound reasonable to you? I am still getting to know it; I already have a Big Shot and had a Vagabond till it died (electrical fault not a jam), the eBosser is the supplier's replacement for that Vagabond.

I am wary of straining it so haven't yet tried leather, chipboard etc. It seems quite noisy even with a sandwich it likes. Is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

It is a little noisy but I love it. Saves my hands and seems to cut most things well. I haven't tried layers of cloth yet. I'll try the middle spot too for some of the very thin dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Could someone tell me if this machine cuts sizzix bigz dies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes it does.

Their website has a list of the makes of die which it works with here:

eBosser - Electric Embosser and Die Cutter | Craftwell

and you'll find a link to a platform chart which gives the sandwich for each. If you have a die which isn't mentioned there or in the Support (FAQs etc) page, click on 'Contact us' and email Craftwell support. I had to do that and they were very helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes