View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #81
brookskaren
Matboard Maniac

This is probably not going to be enough "division" for you, but I am a hobbyist and have nearly every stamp set that I have ever purchased or earned, etc. I keep my retired sets separate from the current sets, but I do like to use my retired sets still, so they are accessible, still in clam shells, and double stacked on a large shelf (I have lots). I have a large binder that is roughly divided into categories: Seasonal, Nature, Kids, Greetings/Sentiments, Occasions, Alphabet, etc. Whatever makes sense to me, basically. I cut the picture of the stamp set out of an extra catalog and put it on a page in the binder. I include the date it was introduced and the date it was retired. I do have a few older sets that I purchased online that I do not have all of this information on. This way, when I want a certain kind of set that is not current, it is easy for me to locate it in the binder, check the name, and then find it on my big shelf. Yes, I usually have to move several stamp sets to get to it, but it is worth it. My daughter-in-law also stamps and loves to look through my binder for something she wants to use. My current stamps are on a different shelf and will go into the binder when they retire. I always save an extra catalog for putting my stamps in the binder. Sometimes I do have to make a copy if one of them is back to back in the catalog, but that is not a big deal and it is easier for me than stamping everything, or making lots of copies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!